Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden or plastic tees for Driver

Options
  • 27-02-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    Just wondering does anyone have an opionion on whether it is better to use wooden or plastic tees when using your driver, does it even make a difference?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

tomjohn01 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering does anyone have an opionion on whether it is better to use wooden or plastic tees when using your driver, does it even make a difference?

I dont think it has any impact on your shot quality if thats what your asking. After all we are supposed to strike ball first.

I use plastic tees mearly as the give me a set height (driver) and they last longer then 1 hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Agreed, I break a wooden tee every time I use one with a driver whereas 1 short and 1 long plastic tees gets me through a whole round.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I dont think it has any impact on your shot quality if thats what your asking. After all we are supposed to strike ball first.

I use plastic tees mearly as the give me a set height (driver) and they last longer then 1 hole.

same here.

i bought a packet of those friction less tee's last year, no difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

But there is some satisfaction in breaking the tee with a great hit!!:D

No!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Dam right.. Make you feel good :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Wooden or plastic?

HarryHill_fight.jpg

stockdam wrote: »
    Wooden or plastic?

Wooden

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Went back to old two thickness plastic tees, main reason was to get exact height every time for driver. They last for about 5 rounds. You loose them in the rough is the only way they go. :)

I thank all wooden tee users as I use them for par trees , thanks lads, your left overs are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

If you can tee a ball on splinters, then you're welcome to them! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

jtown wrote: »

Wooden

I bet you throw a golf ball in the lake when you get a bogey and give you hat to the kids on the practice green too...:D

I bet you throw a golf ball in the lake when you get a bogey and give you hat to the kids on the practice green too...:D

Of course... and with Wooden, they have to be white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

...and I bet you're the type to spend 10 mins at the lake with your fishing rod scavenging for balls :rolleyes:

...and I bet you're the type to spend 10 mins at the lake with your fishing rod scavenging for balls :rolleyes:

And I bet your the guy who buys them off me for 10 a penny coz your too mean to pay for new ones.

By the way it was meant to be a joke, so take your rolled up eyes and.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Has to be plastic, adds at least 30 yards carry to my drives.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Wooden tees and they must be white.
    I break too many of them also and it's not a sign of power but rather a sign that you are likely hitting down on the ball which is not ideal with the driver.

nerd alert...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

Bought a big bag of green wooden tees a couple of years ago very, very cheap.

Realised fairly quickly why they were so cheap, after every drive they couldn't be found :(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

what ever you fancy using yourself===i prefer the wooden tees others prefer plastic.

its an individual choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I always use wooden tee, when the driver is performing well i wont break one all round, if i'm hitting it crap, every shot requires a new tee;).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

Has to be plastic, adds at least 30 yards carry to my drives.
    You'll have to let us know where you're getting these magic tees.

I use pink plastic ones. They were the only colour in the shop when I was out and I struggle to break them.

Out as in out of tees by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

blue note wrote: »
    You'll have to let us know where you're getting these magic tees.

I use pink plastic ones. They were the only colour in the shop when I was out and I struggle to break them.

Out as in out of tees by the way.

So you have come out with pink tees. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Senna wrote: »
    I always use wooden tee, when the driver is performing well i wont break one all round, if i'm hitting it crap, every shot requires a new tee;).

+1 - I would tend to go around with the same wooden tee for several rounds. What happens to them after a while is that the top starts to chip away and the ball then starts to fall off :(

I wish I could say the same about golf balls - I lose them by the shedload these days.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I'm surprised this reason has not been posted yet.

Wooden but has to be painted.

This way they leave a mark on the bottom of the club so you can use as a point of impact marker or even see if you cut across the ball or too much on the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Plastic as two guys here in Waterford make them and i get them for free off them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

Painted white and blue wooden tees for me.Don't know why but I never liked the plastic tees.

Advertisement