Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm looking for a 2nd hand MTB

Options
  • 27-02-2012 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm in the market for a good second hand MTB, but having problems finding one. I've been keeping an eye on adverts.ie, buy&sell, and donedeal.ie, but just cant seem to get what I'm looking for.

I'm in Kildare (prepared to travel to Dublin and surrounding counties), looking for an MTB hardtail, and my budget is around €150. I'm also tall (6'5") so would need a big enough frame.

I would really appreciate any suggestions and help with this, as to be honest I cant afford to buy a crock of crap. This bike will have to earn its value back with a daily commute to work of 15km/day.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

150e is a very small budget for a decent bike, even second hand. Of course it's possible to find something with this kind of money but it'll take a lot of looking and you might have to settle for something that needs a little work to get it on the road.

Also, why are you specifying a mountain bike if you want it for commuting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Hard to get decent wheels for a MTB for €150.

Advertisement