Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Morning Centuries

Options
  • 27-02-2012 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I went out on a bit of an ambitious run yesterday morning
    http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/71325040
    It is a pretty good run! I was wondering if there was any interest in a bit of a 100km on Sunday mornings? I don't plan on doing it every week, maybe every fortnight. More for leisure and a bit of a challenge than anything else.
    Takers?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Would you not just go out with Orwell Wheelers?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

You could also stick a post in this thread to see if there would be others interested in joining you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Good to see there's another Moldy Peaches fan cycling around the hills!

Probably another month or so before I start hitting the sally and wicklow gaps in the same day. Did about 70k yesterday at a slow pace and really felt it, transition from hybrid to road bike turning out to be a bit of a challenge. What type of pace are you going at?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

i also did my 1st 100km of the year yesterday also including the wicklow and sally gaps. Great day too.

23.8km average at the end of it which isn't quite the 25km i might have hoped for but first big trip with hills on my own this year and was a bit windy.

And I had lots of bottles (2).

And extra bars I didn't eat (extra weight).

And... not enough pre-trip pints.

And <insert excuse here> :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hand_Of_Steel

Captain Havoc, I don't trust people that asks for checks ;)

Lemag, I'm not sure what that thread is about?

smacl, I averaged 22kmph yesterday and I had stops in Baltinglass and Laragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

I might be up for this. What time do you head out at and where you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I've been doing long enough spins every weekend, 75km plus. Hit 95km last Sunday and 98km this Sunday just gone. Judging by your location on MapMyRide, I'm not far from you (Rathmines). I'd tag along if you're ever going for another long spin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lemag, I'm not sure what that thread is about?
    It's just an array of lists of Boards members who would be interested in meeting up with other Boards members for spins. You could through up a post on the thread similar to the one which you've started this thread with and see if you get a response. Alternatively, you could fire out a few PMs to those in your county.

Advertisement