Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imist or eGo-C for an eGo-T user???

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hello, If you were using an eGo-T and thinking about changing to another device, would you recommend the Imist or eGo-C? There's nothing wrong with the eGo-T, just thinking about changing to something different. For me, the big plus of the eGo-T is that it can be filled in the morning and that lasts for a day...would the other two have the same capacity? I haven't seen the eGo-C listed on any of the Irish supplier sites...anyone know if it's available? Thanks in advance for your insight! David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

bluferbl wrote: »
    Hello, If you were using an eGo-T and thinking about changing to another device, would you recommend the Imist or eGo-C? There's nothing wrong with the eGo-T, just thinking about changing to something different. For me, the big plus of the eGo-T is that it can be filled in the morning and that lasts for a day...would the other two have the same capacity? I haven't seen the eGo-C listed on any of the Irish supplier sites...anyone know if it's available? Thanks in advance for your insight! David

I have the eGo-C and I can recommend it certainly. I bought mine about 6 weeks ago and in the last month I've spent a fortune on other hardware but by the end of the day I'm back on the eGo-C again. It uses the same tanks as the eGo-T so has the same capacity. The difference to the T is that the entire cone can be disassembled and you just pop in a new atty head when you want to replace the old one. You get 5 heads wth the pack.

Another advantage of the C is that the heads themselves can be popped open to adjust the wick or replace it.

I bought my changeover kit from Ovale Ireland because nobody else in Ireland supplied them at that time but Best eCig have them now as well and I believe there's also another supplier as well if you google it.

That said, apparently the iMist is a good kit as well and it works on pretty much exactly the same principle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Having never used the eGo-C I can confidently say that the iMist is a million times better :)

The iMist holds about 1.1ml, I usually vape just under 2ml in a day, so I do have to fill it once during the day. It's pretty easy to fill and you can use a normal bottle, but I prefer a needle tipped bottle for it.

It's a fantastic device with huge amounts of vapour and really nice flavour.

It can be opened as well to replace/adjust the wick and to clean it. I think the coil itself can be removed too but haven't tried.

One huge benefit is that it doesn't leak, ever. It's great knowing that I don't need to worry about leaving it in my pocket or on it's side or upside down or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Aaron Chen

bluferbl wrote: »

Some may like ego c, smome may like Imist, 1100 mAh battery can be lasted 1 day for one charge. I am from biansi Imist company. haha.

Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

The Ego-C atty that Bestecig is selling is a little more interesting than the Joye versions I've seen. The original version has a 2.2ohm rating whilst the generic is 2.8ohm which would be good for the likes of the Lavatube.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I have both and there isn't much between them. The Ego-C is better for flavour but can leak a little now and again. The iMist has never leaked on me, you can buy replaceable wicks (and soon coils, apparently). You can rewick the Ego-C is you really want to but it's not that easy. Of the reviews I've read nearly all who have the iMist are very happy with it while opinion is divided among C owners.

• Advertisement

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I have both and there isn't much between them. The Ego-C is better for flavour but can leak a little now and again. The iMist has never leaked on me, you can buy replaceable wicks (and soon coils, apparently). You can rewick the Ego-C is you really want to but it's not that easy. Of the reviews I've read nearly all who have the iMist are very happy with it while opinion is divided among C owners.

I'm looking forward to comparing them (hopefully today). It's curiosity as much as anything though because I'm happy with my C and dont really get any leaks either. I got some new tanks from TVS yesterday and they seem to fit much tighter than the ones that came with the original kit. Really hard to get the caps off and need to be pre-punched becuse the spike doesn't really break the seal. Absolutely snug with no hint of juice escaping from it.

Disappointing to hear that the flavour is less on the iMist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Disappointing to hear that the flavour is less on the iMist though.

That's just my opinion, you might find the opposite. It's all subjective....one man's meat, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Different flavours may work differently as well. I've found it great for menthol, caramel worked pretty great too. I've also tried dekang cherry and cola and they weren't great, though tbh they're both old bottles at this stage and they weren't much better in DCCs when they were new.

Okay, just had my first few toots from the iMist.

Nicely put together piece of kit. 'Looks' better engineered than the C but I haven't gone near the atty itself yet, the spare wick is very well assembled and appears to be more robust than the C wicks. The tank itself has the pre punched hole with a 'seal' so shouldn't leak. Overall, it looks better put together than the C I think.

The draw is very airy, probably a bit more than I'd like. Flavour and vapour pretty much on a par but probably a bit more vapour from the C.

First impressions are that there's really not much between them really but the iMist does seem a bit better engineered. I like it.

If I already had a C I don't think there's really an advantage to changing over but if I was looking to buy one over the other I'd probably go for the iMist.

Probably know more after a day or so.

I see that The Vapour Store now have the entire eGo-C kit including LR heads. Anybody try the LR heads yet?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego-c-new/cat_89.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement