Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touch.boards UI tweaks

Options
  • 27-02-2012 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if the following could be taken on board for the sake of continuity and to avoid confusion:
    screen1_2.jpg

Basically just keeping the reply options on the same side of the site, and perhaps changing colour on the report button so it's more obvious that it's a report and not a reply. Then the same when you click through to the form so it's more obvious that it's a report:
    scrren2.jpg

Then also, add a notification to the pm as there currently isn't one:
    screen3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I agree, this is needed, especially for drunk posting...things can get very confusing!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was just thinking about the PM indicator last night. Badly needed IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Faith has already brought up that issue and it's on the cards, the very full at the minute cards :)

Cheers for the suggestions though, all I can say now is that we'll definitely give it some consideration over the next while once things settle down (hopefully this/next week) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

I agree, this is needed, especially for drunk posting...things can get very confusing!
    Ah now in fairness, we could stick checks in like google does with gmail that makes you do simple arithmetic before sending an email* but ultimately we're not responsible for you declaring your unrequited love to llama after a night on jaeger.

probably not going to happen tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

But it's so easy....
    .options .thank {
    	float: right;
    	margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    }
    .options .report {
    	float: left;
    	margin: 0 0 0 0;
    }
    .options .view-all {
    	padding: 3px 9px 0 0px;
    }
    .options .link-reply {
    	margin: 0 0px 0 0;
    }
    .options .thank-disabled {
    	margin: 0 10px 0 0;
    }
    .options .edit {
    	float: left;
    	margin: 0 0 0 0px;
    }

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

And not at all a priority ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Ah now in fairness, we could stick checks in like google does with gmail that makes you do simple arithmetic before sending an email* but ultimately we're not responsible for you declaring your unrequited love to llama after a night on jaeger.

probably not going to happen tbh

The problem isn't the content of the post :pac: I'm OK with that in general. It's that one might accidentally hit the report button and not realise because it will come up as the same box for typing in with very little different except a couple of words you'd glance over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The problem isn't the content of the post :pac: I'm OK with that in general. It's that one might accidentally hit the report button and not realise because it will come up as the same box for typing in with very little different except a couple of words you'd glance over.

You shouldn't really be glancing over them then, they're headings for a reason :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement