Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submitting Scripts to RTE

Options
  • 27-02-2012 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how to submit a sitcom script to RTE? From what I can gather they don't accept unsolicited scripts, only scripts that come in from a production company. If this is the case, anyone know a good production company that read unsolicited scripts?

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Most of these things are made by external production companies. I think RTE usually solicits applications for new shows (so they might say they want to commission a new sitcom to air in such and such a slot, aimed at an audience in whatever age bracket) and the production companies respond with proposals.

I doubt any production company would read an unsolicited manuscript. Without wanting to discourage you, I think you're probably wasting your time going down this route. If you want to succeed in comedy, you'll probably have to make a name for yourself via some other avenue first (e.g stand-up).

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Get an agent first and then let them submit. If you can't get an agent then your script is probably not up to scratch. Even if your script is great it will take time for an agent to get back to you. The reason companies do not take unsolicited manuscripts is usually for legal reasons.

The fact that your asking these questions on Boards probably means that your script is not up to scratch. Go do some research as you only get one chance to make a first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Hey this comp sounds like it might be of help to you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunity/laugh_track_2012.shtml

Its a sitcom comp and its open to Rep of Ireland too but closing date is 21 march so you'll have to get your editing done quick!

Advertisement