Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISP in West Clare

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hey guys looks like i might need to get a new internet service provider.Can anyone recommend some good ones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Haven't found one yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

Battleflag wrote: »

I am aware of that but none of them are for the west of Clare. Its all Ennis/south/East Clare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Try satellite (not great maybe) or 3g dongle, probably O2.
    Where you at?
    Never mind a good ISP, if you get ANY ISP you're doing good.

Could only get Vodafone 'dongle' to work where I live (Mt.Callan) but lucky if I get 1Mb (7.2 in theory)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 joey801

Depending where you are you could get Ripplecom connection. They offer 2Mb or 8Mb for 35-45 euro pm. People seem to have mixed experiences with them but they're much faster than 3G.

joey801 wrote: »
    Depending where you are you could get Ripplecom connection. They offer 2Mb or 8Mb for 35-45 euro pm. People seem to have mixed experiences with them but they're much faster than 3G.

That's way too expensive - the cost of BB here is crazy compared with the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Wanders_fan

joey801 wrote: »
    I have that its Great for brief periods then ****e for every other moment

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

I'm in the same boat. I've been limping along with my 3 dongle, but it's just ridiculously bad service(I'm between Lisdoon & Fanore).
    I tried out the o2 dongle too - that was a no go.
    Going to give Ripplecom a try, I think....Either them or this crowd http://www.lightnet.ie/wireless-broadband - does anyone have experience with them? If anyone has any luck getting a reliable ISP, please let me know!
    At my wits end here. I work from home a few days a week, and really need a better connection :(

Advertisement