Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Callcards

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:20am

I had a callcard collection back around 95. I found it recently when I was at home.
    I have a fair few and a respectable amount with full credit.
    Is there anywhere I can sell them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

dkeely wrote: »
    I had a callcard collection back around 95. I found it recently when I was at home.
    I have a fair few and a respectable amount with full credit.
    Is there anywhere I can sell them?

eBay or Adverts.ie? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MatthewWC

Do you have the 10unit blank promotion card or 5unit Royal Hospital Collectables Fair? <SNIP>

Please familiarise yourself with our forum charter,buying and selling is not permitted on this forum.Moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭thecelt

Did u ever sell them ?

There used to be such a big following but I dont know if there is anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

There was a major callcard collecting 'mania' when people actually used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭thecelt

Yes there was! Some cards were worth a nice few bob!
    Just wondering if there is still people out there who buy and sell them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

I found my collection sitting in a drawer and picked out the best 100 and laid them on cardboard and framed them. Its pretty big but better than being stuck in a drawer!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I found my collection sitting in a drawer and picked out the best 100 and laid them on cardboard and framed them. Its pretty big but better than being stuck in a drawer!

Nice idea, once there's no particularly rare ones in it :D . I still collect Callcards, even made a site about them (irishcallcards.net) :) . Regarding values it very much boils down to supply and demand. Plenty of what would previously have been considered rare Callcards have flooded the market in the last few years (mostly due to people selling off their collections/dealers clearing out their stock). And with so few current collectors out there, this makes them less valuable.
    Certain mint private issue cards will likely sell well though, and the extremely rare IMI 'Ireland's Europe' Callcards are still worth a fair few quid today.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Farfalla

I am looking for Eircom World Cup 2002 cards. Can anyone help?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Farfalla wrote: »
    I am looking for Eircom World Cup 2002 cards. Can anyone help?

Pretty hard to come across the World Cup 02 cards these days, particularly all 26 cards. Keep an eye out on adverts.ie and ebay, as they do come up occasionally.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Must have a look at my old cards if I still have them next time I am visiting the parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Nostalgia90s

I have started my collection again, can anyone contact me with swaps/sales etc?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Nostalgia90s there's no need to spam the exact same message on 7 different threads that are years old. Have deleted all the other ones, please don't do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nostalgia90s

Blade, no offence intended.
    Didn't know where to start, so I searched "callcards" and felt that if someone was interested in the topic, they would see my message.
    Was not spamming intentionally, I have resumed collecting the cards, and didn't know how best to start using Boards to make some contacts!

Sorry again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Skammer

Would anyone have any idea what a full mint set of World Cup 2002 callcards in the special edition folder would be worth nowadays?

I'm hoping a few grand :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Skammer wrote: »
    Would anyone have any idea what a full mint set of World Cup 2002 callcards in the special edition folder would be worth nowadays?

I'm hoping a few grand :0)

most cards can be bought mint for €10 each....can buy the set for €300 at the moment with the collectors cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Blade, no offence intended.
    Didn't know where to start, so I searched "callcards" and felt that if someone was interested in the topic, they would see my message.
    Was not spamming intentionally, I have resumed collecting the cards, and didn't know how best to start using Boards to make some contacts!

Sorry again!

Ive been a collector since a kid happy to chat anytime about our hobby

Advertisement