Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seized seat post

Options
  • 27-02-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Steel frame and aluminium seat post. It's in there a long time.i'm afraid they might have bonded. I'm sure I would have put grease on it when it was put in but tried to move the other day and no budge. Anyone any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

Hey there, i had the same issue with my own bike and I can tell you it was fairly stuck, even the bike shop couldnt get it budged and a whole list of stuff was tried from a full can of WD40, hot oil and brute force etc...
    I eventually got it moving again after I gave a friend on a farm a go at it. He soaked the saddle and seat post in an ultra heavy duty penetrating lubricant for the guts of about a week or more (I asked him to go longer as the next option would be to use a blow torch which I didnt want). Although im not sure of the brand I would suggest a similar route, prehaps a local mechanic might be of some assistance

Advertisement