Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biting insects at this time of year?

Options
  • 26-02-2012 11:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there would be any biting insects around this time of year?
    My little boy came in out of the garden earlier today and is covered in hives, all one shoulder and his hip. he was rolling in the grass - supposedly playing football - but it looked more like he was practising his dives:D
    Anyway I've been trying to rule things out, got it down to either a pollen/grass allergy or insects. He has had a reaction to bites before - we think the first time was down to cat fleas and the other was last summer and definately looked like bites, this time not so much??
    So could something have bitten him? He was wearing a t-shirt and a hoody & jeans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I might be wrong, but I think I was told by a vet that dogs can pick up fleas from grass. So if that is true, and given your son has reacted to fleas before, then it's possible that's what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Absolutely loads of swarms of small flies out all day over the past two weeks.
    Got a few bites myself from them.
    Crazy weather is bringing them out.

Advertisement