Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it really worth

Options
  • 26-02-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on donedeal...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/3059036

Six and a half grand seems like a unrealistic price for an old transit minibus that has been home converted. What is it really worth?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

Spotted this on donedeal...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/3059036

Six and a half grand seems like a unrealistic price for an old transit minibus that has been home converted. What is it really worth?.

Crazy money to be asking for that. It's a fairly basic home conversion with very little detail on specs. A lot would depend on the mileage and service history. Even if that was very good I wouldn't pay much more than 3.5/4k for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Crazy money to be asking for that. It's a fairly basic home conversion with very little detail on specs. A lot would depend on the mileage and service history. Even if that was very good I wouldn't pay much more than 3.5/4k for that.

Well it looks like it was a minibus beforehand so I would imagine the mileage would be pretty high. I have to laugh at the prices some people want for campers on done deal. I know you have to leave room for negotiation but a price of six and a half grand for a 16 year old former minibus that was home converted is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Well it looks like it was a minibus beforehand so I would imagine the mileage would be pretty high. I have to laugh at the prices some people want for campers on done deal. I know you have to leave room for negotiation but a price of six and a half grand for a 16 year old former minibus that was home converted is taking the piss.

and the VRT people base their VRT demand on those prices, that ain't no laughing matter :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

niloc1951 wrote: »
    and the VRT people base their VRT demand on those prices, that ain't no laughing matter :mad::mad:

It is in their interest to base VRT on unrealistic prices, they know they are doing that too. The chancers that advertise things for silly money on done deal etc don't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Sure my Old Man only paid 20K for a 00 Long Wheelbase 6 Berth Hymer on the Sprinter chassis. Bargain at the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement