Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDJ 900/2000 : US to UK Voltage Concerns

Options
  • 26-02-2012 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm heading to the US for a few weeks and i plan to buy either of the Pioneer CDJ 900 or 2000. I know the US uses 110v.

Does anyone here know if either of the Pioneer Units have switchable voltage (Voltage Selector).

I have tried searching on the internet for User Manuals and it says 110v on the Pioneer USA manuals and 220v on the Pioneer UK/EU manuals.

The shop i intend buying from are telling me that the Voltage is switchable. But i dont wanna be back in Ireland with a fried unit.

Just wondering if anyone has any of the units.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

Send an email to Pioneer to check. If it's not switchable it would be easy enough to get a small power converter to run it here.
    I'm the sure the wattage is quite low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Definitely check with Pioneer first.
    Just from looking at google images of the rear of them, all the ones I've seen say 220-240v on the label and there's no obvious switch to change the voltage.

Curious, is the saving on buying in the states enough to justify buying a transformer, lower resale etc.? Will they be staying at home the whole time? As it's a standard looking figure of 8 lead that plugs in the back, I'd be worried about somebody plugging 220v straight into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

u would wanna get rid of all packaging/receipts etc before put in your bag, they might also think they look suspicious, i travel alot to us and customs are getting worse every visit, also your guarantee is void and you need step down transformer,

not worth all the hassle in my opinion, if you can afford cdj2000s in usa you can afford them from thomann

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The CDJ1000 MK3 was multi voltage if I remember correctly. The CDJ2000 maybe multi voltage but I can't be sure.

Pioneer do it deliberately to region lock their units. As far as I'm aware, an official Pioneer dealer cannot ship outside their territory. Also, warranty is valid in the territory. So do not be surprised if your refused / charged extra for service in Ireland.

The CDJ350 has 4 different models, one of which is multi voltage but its very rare, known as the FLXJ. Just checked my service manuals and the CDJ2000 is the same, so if you can get the FLXJ model, then your happy days. However be absolutely sure its that model. I doubt many shops would specially order it.

The only difference in all the models is the internal transformer. Technically, if you bought a 110V unit, you could just get the transformer swapped out for a EU version.

However, remember these are high end units and given the voltage / frequency difference, its not uncommon for EU and US versions to have differing internal filters etc to limit electrical noise.

6953570265_27e120be48_z.jpg

6807458426_4e9df3bfa1_b.jpg

All told, buy them in Europe. The saving just isn't worth it.

Edit: On further reading, any unit other than the CUXJ will work in Ireland. The only difference is the outer connector. (I take no responsibility for that, but appears correctly on the PSU diagram)

From the CDJ900:

6807512084_fc28b24a6a_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

CUXJ on me hands. Ah well, I ve got a massive step down to stick it in. Thanks for the heads up guys. It's a global village and I spend time in both continents equally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

2tek wrote: »
    CUXJ on me hands. Ah well, I ve got a massive step down to stick it in. Thanks for the heads up guys. It's a global village and I spend time in both continents equally.

Just out of curiosity, these are the CDJ350 specs. Do they correspond to yours?

6860120628_d58c7ce8e5_z.jpg

And the base:

6860120766_cf90aefb0e_b.jpg

Ok, doubled checked. The internal power supply in a CDJ 350 CUXJ is known as 'DWR1481'. Every other model has a 'DWR1482' which evidently does the range up to 240V. So if you could persuade some nice Pioneer dealer to change the PSU, you'd be happy days. On the other hand, your model WILL NOT work in Ireland so don't plug it in. You'll go bang without a step down.

Advertisement