Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echomizer

Options
  • 26-02-2012 5:07pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever tried one of these?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/echomizer-for-ego/prod_229.html

I just added one to my order with the bestshop since they have DCC's(buying 10 this time, should do me for over 2 months) back in stock, and at 3euro i said i'd give it a punt.

not much info on the site about it/them, but from the pictures it looks to be a beast of a single coil?

can hold up to 2.5ml of juice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Anyone ever tried one of these?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/echomizer-for-ego/prod_229.html

I just added one to my order with the bestshop since they have DCC's(buying 10 this time, should do me for over 2 months) back in stock, and at 3euro i said i'd give it a punt.

not much info on the site about it/them, but from the pictures it looks to be a beast of a single coil?

can hold up to 2.5ml of juice?

Ha ha, saw that myself last night and was wondering about them too. I wonder if they have that 'taste' of filler!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they';re grand when they work

i found they gave more vapour than a dcc, although not as warm. and flavour depended on the juice.

one thing I found was I had to keep them pretty wet, despite the fact they held so much juice I had to top them up regularly enough.. although that might have been because i was chain vaping. I think if I'd left it down for a half hour or less i'd have been able to vape it properly again.

myself and samba ordered 20 of them ages ago, 10 each.. I think i had 3-4 duds, and he had about 5-6 so at least back then the reliability wasn't fantastic. no harm in trying them to see how you find htem anyway

the mouthpieces that come with them are ****ing terrible though, I think 306/801 drip tips fit them.. and are a lot better

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75705050

thread here from when we made our order many moons ago

What about the background filler taste? It's the only taste that I get from all of the cartos but most other people don't seem to get it!

nah, you're not alone in that. there's lots of people that avoid cartos for that reason

if you get a filler taste from other cartos, you're going to get a filler taste from these

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My order should be here tomorrow, so i'll use the Echomizer first off and report back on how it works out for me.

• Advertisement

it takes a while to fill, and you have to let it sit for a while to make sure it soaks through properlyu

after yhouve let it set for a while, drop a few more drops in just to be sure.

Okay, gave this a shot this morning, it's been sitting on my desk just staring at me since it arrived :D

Took quite a lot of juice to fill it, but i've been vaping it for well over an hour now and not a single drop off in flavor.

My only gripe is, when it gets warm from the heat built up when chain vaping, the plastic tip seems to give a bit of a manky taste, but other than that, i can see these picking up as being quite popular, a "Tank" equivalent for a carto?

Okay, gave this a shot this morning, it's been sitting on my desk just staring at me since it arrived :D

Took quite a lot of juice to fill it, but i've been vaping it for well over an hour now and not a single drop off in flavor.

My only gripe is, when it gets warm from the heat built up when chain vaping, the plastic tip seems to give a bit of a manky taste, but other than that, i can see these picking up as being quite popular, a "Tank" equivalent for a carto?

Does it have that "carto" taste?

to be honest, i've never had "that" carto taste that some people experience, so i can't comment.

TBS has these @ 3euro a pop, might be worth a punt...I would reccomend getting a 306/801 drip tip as Digby said previously, as the mouth piece that comes with them is absolutely terrible....If i had a spare one i'd send it off t'ya mate!

I wonder if they come in a dual coil version?

to be honest, i've never had "that" carto taste that some people experience, so i can't comment.

TBS has these @ 3euro a pop, might be worth a punt...I would reccomend getting a 306/801 drip tip as Digby said previously, as the mouth piece that comes with them is absolutely terrible....If i had a spare one i'd send it off t'ya mate!

I wonder if they come in a dual coil version?

Thanks anyway eeloe but I'm sure I'd get that taste anyway. Might throw one in some time just to check though when I'm getting juice or something.

• Advertisement

they're not echomisers, just larger dual coils
    they're not bad, pretty hard to get a good draw on though as the mouthpiece is so big .. really have to work your lungs. holds a **** ton of juice though

Looks like the Irish stores are starting to add more products! TVS also added more stuff to their site over the last few days as well.

they're not echomisers, just larger dual coils
    they're not bad, pretty hard to get a good draw on though as the mouthpiece is so big .. really have to work your lungs. holds a **** ton of juice though

Whoops, nicely spotted....i wasn't really paying too much attention when i was copying and pasting, it was right under the single coil echomizer when i saw it originally, so just thought it was the dual coil version..

i *think* the echos have better flavour..
    it's been a long time since I used the dual coil megas tbh, but I remember I and samba tried them quite a bit and when they worked they were great.. but they were a lot less stable than the regular sized dual coils. way more duds and tbh at the time they were like 5 euro each, so not worth it

Advertisement