Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iNetizen podcast - Jason Scott interview

Options
  • 26-02-2012 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

On the latest episode of the iNetizen.org podcast, we speak to technology historian, and documentary maker - Jason Scott. Jason is responsible for creating the largest archive of BBS messages, textfiles, and so forth from pre-internet days. He is also responsible for the brilliant BBS: The Documentary, and Get Lamp.

We really enjoyed recording this with Jason, he was a great sport for popping on with us: http://inetizen.org/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Anybody have a listen yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Hi dlofnep,

I listen to a couple of podcasts while I'm working. I had no idea of your one until today. I decided to start at the beginning and I'm listening to your first episode now. Great to have an Irish person producing security podcasts. Really enjoying it so far.

Keep up the great work, I just subscribed to the RSS feed.

Cheers bud! :) Quality gets better as the podcasts progress. Still a work in progress for us, but we're getting there bit by bit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Up to the latest. Very enjoyable and informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

RSS feed is offline due to bandwidth cap been exceeded. :/

• Advertisement

****e :( We'll need to sort that. Thanks for the heads up. Jason Scott advertised the interview, so we had to upload 3 different copies of the show to cover overflow of bandwidth. I think it resets in a few days.

We've added the podcast to the internet archive, so all episodes are available there now also: http://www.archive.org/details/InetizenPodcast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Will you be using archive.org as a podcast repo (i.e. publishing updates over RSS)?

Possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

I must check this out... BBSing those were the days
    forbidden planet
    boondox

etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement