Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas Please,My mammy is coming to Visit

Options
  • 26-02-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi Guys, My mam is coming over for a few weeks and she is staying for 7 weeks, I work full time so time off will be an issue, We are planning to do the great ocean road, and a weekend in Sydney. Can anyone give me some ideas on things around Melbourne (or anywhere in VIC I dont mind driving) that we can do, I want to show her a good time but obviously getting time off work is hard, i can probably take a few long weekends but not much more than that,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Eureka Skydeck

Boat Ride along the Yarra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Yarra valley for a wine tour.

Even if she is not a drinker, it is a beautiful part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

All of the above and
    Ballarat, there's the Eureka stockade exhibition and Sovereign Hill there also.
    Phillip Island for penguin parade
    Wilson's Prom, if you like nature walks.
    Warburton, Warrandyte, Sassafrass: small towns with boutique ish stores and cafes.
    The various arcades and laneways in the city.
    NGV, Melbourne museum, Old Gaol.
    Willamstown, just across the Westgate but feels much further away.
    Dromana, Rye, Sorrento on the Mornington Peninsula. Red Hill just a bit inland has some nice wineries and places for food and fruit.
    If you're going the Great Ocean Road, stretch it out to include Koroit on the way back. It has old Irish links going back to famine times.
    Check out Dunkeld if you are going to the Grampians, it has galleries and a great restaurant in the Royal Mail Hotel, if you can get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Depending on what she is into the following are worth considering:
    Royal Botanical Gardens, they do an Aboriginal Heritage Walk too
    National Gallery of Victoria
    Melbourne Museum
    Immigration Museum
    Frankston Sand Sculptures
    Chadstone Shopping Centre
    City Circle Tram
    Colonial Tramcar Restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Thanks guys, Some great ideas there. Need to start planning now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Gossipgal

Groupon have a voucher for the Yarra Valley Wine tour at the moment in case you were looking at that - link below. Have never been to know if it's good but a group of us have bought the voucher to go later in March http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/melbourne/apt/715982886

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Advertisement