Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Lego/Models/Toys/Etc - Post a Pic

• 26-02-2012 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Have any of you got any models to show? Vintage or new, even Lego? I'll be tackling this soon...I'll take pics along the way & show the completed thing

e824_lego_millennium_falcon.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

24kwb5z.jpg
    Lego B-Wing but the hanger bit is long gone, hadn't noticed before but it's a little dirty in parts :p

I did have Lego AT-ST, Jedi Starfighter and Republic Gunship but after falling and breaking they were never remade and passed on to a cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I make this one ages ago, & thought it'd take a few snaps of it. It's the Revell Falcon kit, pre-painted but the detail is really lovely.

87787878.jpg

1zmck7q.jpg

I did paint some additional bits such as the walkway ramp

a5et8k.jpg

The original engine cover is blue, a real fake blue. So I dremelled off the outer covering to make it opaque/semi-transparent.

2lxbb79.jpg

Han & Chewie still trying to fix the hyperdrive

zmh0u8.jpg

Like Han, I've made a few 'special modifications myself'. A custom lighting circuit for one.

15n14qg.jpg

A lightbox constructed around the entrance

bfga35.jpg

Various interior & exterior cockpit lights, & two fibre optic strands. It's hard to see these though due to the cockpit glass not being entirely clear. There's likely an after market glass thats clear I should pick up some day.

14ikhet.jpg

Much better lit up

5cr5d.jpg

Downlighters on the landing struts

k0mu5s.jpg

The entrance is now lit, this is the reason for the light box. It makes it look like there's an 'inside'

w02wkp.jpg

You can see some light in the cockpit, & Chewie. Exterior lights too

29kq7uf.jpg

Upper & lower turrets are dimly lit

xprdcp.jpg

An array of strong white leds, with a foil background provide the engine light

2mhhswl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I had a similar Star Destroyer one a while back, came from a closing down sale but I never made it, was eventually lost after a few housing moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Reminds me of this immensely impressive stop motion video of the massive 10179 5,195 piece set being built virtually. Alas, that one is not among my collection - they're going for 2k each these days in new condition. :eek:
    (mine are still in boxes though so no pics)

http://vimeo.com/36768371

Goldstein wrote: »
    Reminds me of this immensely impressive stop motion video of the massive 10179 5,195 piece set being built virtually. Alas, that one is not among my collection - they're going for 2k each these days in new condition. :eek:
    (mine are still in boxes though so no pics)

http://vimeo.com/36768371

Some serious work went into that :eek: Looks an incredible kit, so expensive though :(

• Advertisement

Revell Easy Kit - Snow Speeder

jj1iwy.jpg

w7j3w3.jpg

29q0bis.jpg

2woakv8.jpg

11qmfk0.jpg

icuwdu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I now own a Lego Millenium Falcon. My fiance saw me (ok ok I was trying to give her a hint) browsing through this thread last week and bought it for my birthday. :)

I own a Hasbro R2D2 and Force FX Lightsabers as well. I could take some pics and post them here but they might be out of place. Maybe I should start a new thread?

I now own a Lego Millenium Falcon. My fiance saw me (ok ok I was trying to give her a hint) browsing through this thread last week and bought it for my birthday. :)

If you build it, they will come :cool:
    I own a Hasbro R2D2 and Force FX Lightsabers as well. I could take some pics and post them here but they might be out of place. Maybe I should start a new thread?

Nah feel free to throw them up here, I should rename the thread really to any paraphernalia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

My vintage collection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Ok, I eventually got around to taking a picture of the the little guy. Here he is:

r2d2g.jpg

I'll make a video and post it when I get new batteries for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

I'm not really one for Star Wars toys anymore, but I could see myself playing with this one for a few minutes.

(the cool bit is at 2:45)

Not sure if there's any video game fans here, but for any retro gaming collectors you may or may not have heard of The Game Chasers? They usually video themselves at flea markets etc discovering rare games for prices that we can only dream of over here!

Anyway, this video popped up on their channel this mornin'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Last weekend i went back to Wales, had a bit of room in the car coming back so brought back some toys i got for Christmas back in 81 or 82.

Had weeks of fun wit these things!!

IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0925.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

Awesome awesome stuff :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

They look in mint condition! you can buy the weapons (or repro ones) easily enough on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They look in mint condition! you can buy the weapons (or repro ones) easily enough on ebay.

Yeah, they're all in very very good condition, a few of the boxes are a little bit tatty but they are 30+yrs old.

In the New Year i'm gonna be buying the little weapons and attachments from eBay to get them to there original condition, not gonna sell them though, i could never put a price on the happiness they gave me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

So christmas was coming up, and I was dropping hints left right and centre for the lego r2d2 :D and as me and the missus had agrred on a stict budget he fell nicely into it....

so chrristmas morning and the hints paid off happy days!!

home to the folks for dinner and our first year of chris cringle...My auld lad gets me and boom....a feckin second one of them!!

Da was so dissapointed cause he had done so well picking for me!! anyways got one sent back and finnaly had the time this weekend to assemble...

took about 11-12 hours and I didnt want to stop at any point...heres the pic
    8460002939_23634be6f8.jpg

Advertisement