Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League Gameweek 27 Captain Poll

Options
  • 26-02-2012 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

So who are ye going to make captain this week , the favourites have to be Aguero and Dempsey. Ill definitely be putting it on one of them anyway, havent decided yet though,probably dempsey

Who will you captain in gameweek 27 85 votes

Suarez home to Arsenal
    0%
    VPersie away to Liverpool
    1%
    John83 1 vote
    Yakubu home to Aston Villa
    3%
    rock whorePropane NightmareBlatter 3 votes
    Aguero home to Bolton
    3%
    james123mailburnerkennyb3 3 votes
    Silva home to Bolton
    51%
    SickBoyDempseyjoseph brandPWEIsmokingmanspartacus93FitzerProryclassykkNalzcarlconbig_showFutureGuyGillingtondahatNabyLadisthemanWoollyRedHateagle eyestephen_kkeane2097 44 votes
    Ballotelli home to Bolton
    9%
    Mr Moonpodge018Rikandronan.hSideshow MarkMcGrath5SpaceCowb0yLostBoy101 8 votes
    Dzeko home to Bolton
    4%
    p3-fitzJax TellerThe GramEasy Rod 4 votes
    Zamora home to Everton
    0%
    Odemwinge home to Chelsea
    0%
    Mata away to Westbrom
    1%
    Walter White 1 vote
    Lampard away to Westbrom
    0%
    Drogba away to Westbrom
    0%
    Ba home to Sunderland
    0%
    Cisse home to Sunderland
    7%
    Delboy5RoonboxProfessional GrieferclonadladMikeyGorsefroog 6 votes
    Sessegnon away to Newcastle
    1%
    PopTarts 1 vote
    McClean away to Newcastle
    1%
    FatRat 1 vote
    Dempsey home to Wolves
    0%
    Bale home to ManUtd
    9%
    themacmanBigtoe107garyt43cup of teaStey_9massdebatershadowcomplexgrohlisagod 8 votes
    Adebayour home to ManUtd
    0%
    VDV home to ManUtd
    1%
    Lemlin 1 vote
    Rooney away to Spurs
    0%
    Nani away to Spurs
    2%
    The_Kew_TourIncognitoMan 2 votes
    Young away to Spurs
    1%
    kearneybobs 1 vote
    Valencia away to Spurs
    0%
    Hernandez away to Spurs
    1%
    machiavellianme 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Sticking with Cisse. Might change to Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Silva home to Bolton
    Aguero all the way

I'd be worried he'd run riot if I didn't skipper him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

My captains picks have been b****x lately, going back to silva for the home game with Wolves! Safe as houses!:D

My captains picks have been b****x lately, going back to silva for the home game with Wolves! Safe as houses!:D

That was Week 10....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Silva home to Bolton
    PopTarts wrote: »

That was Week 10....

If only i could go back there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Bale home to ManUtd
    Dempsey for me. Primarily because I don't have Aguero. He scores at least once every 4 games. He just gone 3 without a goal. Home to Wolves a side who can't defend at all. Only worry is Pogrebnyak stealing his points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I always get confused with these threads, is it who am i making captain? or who would i make captain if i had a free choice? For eg i dont have aguero and dont plan on getting him this week but if i did have him he would by my captain, i will probably go with silva as no other obvious choices, who do i pick in the poll? Same last week i would of gone with lampard but didnt have him, went with RVP and picked RVP in the thread, but it could lead to results skewed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Silva home to Bolton
    POKERKING wrote: »
    I always get confused with these threads, is it who am i making captain? or who would i make captain if i had a free choice? For eg i dont have aguero and dont plan on getting him this week but if i did have him he would by my captain, i will probably go with silva as no other obvious choices, who do i pick in the poll? Same last week I would of gone with lampard but didnt have him, went with RVP and picked RVP in the thread, but it could lead to results skewed!

It has to be Aguero this week for me. I have Dempsey as VC but he is now playing as a winger and I think his output is being affected by that.

I'm third in my money league. First will definately captain Aguero and second does not own him (or Dempsey). That's another two good reasons to captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

McClean away to Newcastle
    Once again Sess is my pick of the week although I may change it before the week is out.

Silva home to Bolton
    Can only really see myself picking Aguero. Could pick Suarez in an attempt to catch up, but it would probably backfire spectacularly :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

Bale home to ManUtd
    I'm thinking Dempsey but only because I don't have Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Silva home to Bolton
    Aguero for me,although Mancini might rest him so the vice captain choice could be very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Silva home to Bolton
    zerks wrote: »
    Aguero for me,although Mancini might rest him so the vice captain choice could be very important.

This is how I feel every single week about Aguero. I was generally not that worried, because I figured Balotelli & Dzeko would be the ones to suffer, bit Aguero.... but now with Tevez playing in the reserves again, that might be about to change.

Aguero has done decently since I brought him in with the WC, but I think he has to go after the Bolton game.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Looks like Kun once again for me but won't decide till later. Half considering Dempsey admittedly.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

manual_man wrote: »
    Can only really see myself picking Aguero. Could pick Suarez in an attempt to catch up, but it would probably backfire spectacularly :pac:

Choosing Suarez would be playing with fire, even if it were against Wolves let alone Arsenal. He should most weeks have an assist and/or a goal if a little bit more composed and unselfish. If Djourou(sp?) is playing though his chances for doing well will have increased big time though. Fingers crossed heh.

Silva home to Bolton
    I've got it on Suarez as of now :pac:

God help me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Cisse home to Sunderland
    Ba for me. Cisse could be out so he won't be stealing points from him.

if Ba doesn't deliver this weekend, i may change him for yakubu.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Everyone and their mother is going Aguero, so I'll go Silva again for an attempted differential :)

Silva home to Bolton
    manual_man wrote: »

Choosing Suarez would be playing with fire, even if it were against Wolves let alone Arsenal. He should most weeks have an assist and/or a goal if a little bit more composed and unselfish. If Djourou(sp?) is playing though his chances for doing well will have increased big time though. Fingers crossed heh.

I just have a feeling there'll be goals in the game. Arsenal will go all out attack, leaving themselves exposed at the back. There's a touch of the Djimi Traores about Djourou though you're right, as a Liverpool fan i hope he plays coz this match is HUGE in their chances for a 4th place

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thinking Pogrebnyak as a major differential :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Silva home to Bolton
    The smart money is on Aguero but in fairness, after his goal and a pretty good showing in the Italy match during the week, Dempsey does seem like a good contender home against an "on-their-knees" Wolves.

Tonight may become a night of yes-no-yes-no...etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

The obvious choice is aguero but i'm seriously considering van persie.

First off i'm hoping he'll start(and finish) as i might not be in a position to change my team when the teams are announced.

Agger missing is a big blow for liverpool with the main worry being that carragher will take his place. With a more confident walcott,oxtail(maybe) and RVP taking on that liverpool defense there is every chance of Arsenal getting a penalty or getting a pool player sent off.

It's obviously a huge risk as if aguero has a field day i'll be in trouble and i should probably follow the flock but RVP is tempting.

I'm a liverpool fan, by the way and think there could be plenty of goals in this one. What odds i chicken out of this madness:)

Silva home to Bolton
    I think it's one of those situations where if you're defending a lead you go with Aguero, and if you're desperate to gamble to try catch up, you go Ba or Dempsey.

I think the "desperately trying to catch up" method generally hurts people more than it helps, so Aguero really looks like a no-brainer. Forget about catching people this week, this is a week for making sure you don't fall further behind. Plenty of less-obvious choices ahead of us for you to make the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Really surprising that not one person has voted for van Persie. Liverpool missing Agger, with Carragher most likely deputising.

Also Van Persie only played a half on Wednesday and didn't have to travel far as the friendly was in London so he should be relatively fresh.

Saying that, there are probably better options.

Aguero is at huge risk to be rested imo. Traveled to Switzerland with Argentina midweek and has started City's last couple of games. Balotelli will almost certainly start as he wasn't even in the Italy squad so he should be fresh. Dzeko has been a substitute for City's last two games and has scored 3 times so Mancini may feel he deserves a start. They are playing one of the worst teams in the league at home to boot so it makes leaving Aguero out easier.

Silva home to Bolton
    I hope I'm not proven wrong tomorrow, but the whole "Aguero risk" seems to be one of the many PL myths perpetuated here on Boards.

I think there have only been 4 PL games this season when he didn't play at least 60-70 minutes, and one of them was the first game of the season when he scored 2 and assisted one, gaining 3 bonus points in 32 minutes. Only in one of the 4 was he completely rested, with the other 2 being 45mins, and 26mins.

I think he should be safe enough to play.

I agree about RVP though. I'd be tempted to pick him myself, but since my main opposition in the Boards league doesn't have Aguero, I'd rather push for double the extra points, while he's likely to captain RVP, Ba, or Dempsey, players I also have, so not giving him much of a bonus.

Ended up with Silva.

Cisse was showing as doubtful earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

interesting on the BBC website. VP has never scored at Anfield.

5 minutes to kick off :: How do those picking Van persie feel now ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

interesting on the BBC website. VP has never scored at Anfield.

5 minutes to kick off :: How do those picking Van persie feel now ? :D

Not too bad now, I must say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Cisse home to Sunderland
    I took VP out of my team for Aguero. FML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Silva home to Bolton
    Go on then, who captained RVP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement