Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rest of the Season

Options
  • 29-02-2012 2:07pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for advice for the rest of the season. Now I know planning for the next 3 weeks is hard, never mind the rest of the season but I'd like to discuss general opinions on a number of areas.

I need to make up a points difference of 45 in my paid league.

Ok so here's my team at the moment:

fantasy111225.jpg

I've £0.9m in the bank with the team above.

Firstly, I dropped Valencia for Mata this GW which looks like it might have paid off. Valencia has dropped to the price I sold him at (£8.1m) and it looks like I might make a sneaky £0.1m on Mata. Mata isn't a long term choice but rather someone to fill the void while Valencia is out.

My general aim at the moment is to work towards GW29 and make sure I have a decent team for that week, as I see this as being decent chance of picking up points on my rivals. After GW29 I plan to use my wildcard before GW30 for the run in.

Both Vorm and Sorensen have been poor for the last 5 GW5's or so. Having said that I'm not keen on spending big money on a goalie. If you were to drop one of the above who would you drop and for who? I have Vorm since day one.

Then the defenders -

My aim with the defenders is to have a diverse selection in order to give myself a better chance of picking up clean sheets. I cashed in on the profit I made on Phil Jones and replaced him with Evans. I'm happy with this choice.

I picked Simpson above Taylor at the start of the season and this decision has haunted me ever since! I suppose dropping Simpson for Ryan Taylor even now might be a good decision as Taylor is playing in a midfield position and good value when you consider he has as many points as VDV etc...

I'm doing ok with BAE and I'm happy to stick with him for the moment.

I picked Kompany on day one as he seemed the only guaranteed defender to start for City and I've stuck with him.

Kelly is there as cover. Fulham kept their first clean sheet in a good while today, so hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

I don't see a lot of changes in my defenders, bar maybe getting Raylor in and maybe switching Kelly at some point. Any opinions on the defenders?

Midfielders & Forwards -

As mentioned above I reckon I'll be dropping Mata for Valencia for GW28. All going well this will free up £1.6m.

I've toyed with the idea of getting rid of RVP but just can't bring myself to do it! I have RVP since day one so if I get rid of him I won't be buying him back.

One thing for sure is that I want Rooney in for GW29 and probably for the rest of the season. I'd also like to keep some City cover up front. At present I'm toying with the idea of dropping Ba for Balotelli and dropping Aguero for Rooney. This would give me RVP, Rooney and City cover up front. What do you think?

The midfield will ultimately depend on what I do up front. I've had Silva from day one and will probably hold on to him. The general opinion with my midfield whenever I speak to anyone is that I have two stop gaps (McClean and Dyer) and that I should upgrade one of them. It's probably an accurate assessment but I dropped Walters for McClean a couple of keeps ago as Walters was doing nothing for me.

Total team value is £109.

Any opinions?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement