Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scd yogurt , type of milk, help please

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Can anyone tell me what type of milk i can use to make scd yogurt ,i have the yogurt starter ordered from US (yogourmet)and yogurt maker.
    i dont think i can use normal commerial milk that i can pick up down the local
    shop but i could be wrong , so any help would be great
    what info id like would be type brand of milk or goats milk and where to get it im out in tallaght

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

According to the SCD website, you can use any kind of milk.
    No matter what kind of milk or cream you use, make sure that it has no additives such as carrageenan, xanthum gum, dextrose, or other emulsifiers or sweeteners. It should contain nothing but milk, and sometimes cream. If you cannot find regular commercial dairy products that are additive free, you may need to use
    organic products.

For those who are sensitive to cow milk, you may find that you tolerate homemade yoghurt made with goat milk.

If you prefer to use goat's milk, you should be able to get that nearly anywhere now. Mark's & Spencer's or the local supermarket or health food shop. You can freeze them too so you can buy a few cartons at the one time, depending on how close you are to where it's sold.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement