Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents PRSI contributions cover?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I have a good bit of dental work to get done, a number of fillings etc.

I was just speaking to my dad about it and he said that he thinks that I may be able to get some work done under him. Even part of it would be great as its going to be costly for me.

I have a medical card which covers me for two and I have 10 to get, plus a possible root canal. I am also 21 but I am in full time education, anyone have any ideas on how this works?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The PRSI dental scheme down not cover fillings anymore, for you or your dad. I don't think it was every transferable. Also filling are routine dental work and are not tax allowable. If you a student you might try the dental hospital in town, the trainee dentists always need people to do filling on, but you will wait a good while on a list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The PRSI dental scheme down not cover fillings anymore, for you or your dad. I don't think it was every transferable. Also filling are routine dental work and are not tax allowable. If you a student you might try the dental hospital in town, the trainee dentists always need people to do filling on, but you will wait a good while on a list.

Thanks anyway, he just thought he heard something about it inside at work and thought I might be able to use it, didnt know the ins and outs so I said I would try and find out more.

I will just get the two free fillings from my medical card and save up for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭peggie

HI op,
    if your father works in the prison service, the guards a or others that i am not aware of there may be scheme at work that covers children in full time education for some dental treatment, get him to check just in case it is not prsi that he was talking about
    best of luck
    peg

Advertisement