Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Pat McCormack

Options
  • 25-02-2012 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I was at the memorial Boxing Tournament for Austin Carruth tonight at the Red Cow Hotel which was well attended with some good fights, but they announced that Pat McCromack of St Saviours Boxing club had passed away last week, I never heard about this and I was very sorry to hear this as
    I knew about Pat and John mcCormack for years because of my interest in Boxing. I was also saddened by the fact that it was not mentioned on this forum.
    I have noticed they never seem to get mentioned much. These two brothers both won British Professional Titles at a time when that was quite an achievement and I dont think they get the respect that they deserve for this. It was hard enough to win a professional British title then but for two from the same family from Dublin to do so was unusual and I am surprised they never get mentioned much for achieving this.
    Alas Pat is gone now and i wish to pay my respects by mentioning his achievment of winning a british title along with his brother and by doing so some people who did not know this may come to have a new found respect for and remember Pat.
    RIP Pat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Thanks for posting this up, gone but not forgotten.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

Thanks for posting that. I knew him in passing and hadn't heard.

The reason for no posts here on their successes is almost certainly because very few would know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,724 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

megadodge wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that. I knew him in passing and hadn't heard.

The reason for no posts here on their successes is almost certainly because very few would know.

I vaguely remember him,looked up his record may he rest in peace

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=42197&cat=boxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mccormack1946

St.Saviours facebook page has fantastic pictures and great tributes also article in Daily Star Remembering a Ring Legend on Friday 17th February. by Gerry Callan was a great read.

• Advertisement
Advertisement