Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free final cut pro?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I already wrote a thread about having technical difficulties opening a .mov (quicktime) video which was edited on final cut pro. I have tried viewing it on Quicktime, real player, windows real player, VLC...nothing has worked.

I have it saved through an email I sent to a friend, however, I can not open the file..as it obviously compressed itself when I sent it..it reads...Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

I found some info on a website that said the only way to fix the problem is to open it with final cut pro..now the issue is I no longer have access to final cut pro. I tried downloading a 30 day trial..but it would not download properly. Does anyone have any ideas or tips for getting a free (trial) download of final cut pro?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

There's a free trial download of Final Cut Pro X available here - http://www.apple.com/ie/finalcutpro/

Can I ask what went wrong with the previous download?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Sounds like a codec problem. Download the k-lite pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

When you export a QuickTime movie from Final Cut, there is an option to make the movie self-contained. This has to be selected if the QuickTime needs to be played somewhere else other than the user's computer. (I think it just contains metadata that links to the fcp session on the user's computer). Another possibility is that it is a session file (.fcp/.fcpx) rather than a movie file. It could also be corrupt but in my experience this is rare and usually only occurs if for instance a USB drive is removed before the file has been fully written.

Advertisement