Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Crean Lager

Options
  • 25-02-2012 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Does anybodt know if Tom Crean lager is sold in Limerick? I was told it was but cannot find out where if anywhere does sell it.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Does anybodt know if Tom Crean lager is sold in Limerick? I was told it was but cannot find out where if anywhere does sell it.

as far as I know its only on draught at the moment, but if its being sold outside of Kerry yet I don't know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

O'Neills on Suffolk St are defnitely selling it, and were doing free tasting on Friday evening last.

My Dad is a set-in-his-ways 60 year old man, who drinks Carlsberg, and we went in for a few drinks on Friday. I arrived first and settled down with an Ór, and an O'Hara's stout for my drinking partner, when the girl came around with the taster glasses.

After the Ór, Crean's is a bit bland, so I couldn't really properly critique the taste. My Dad arrived and headed straight to the bar to get a round in, but by the time I got to him with the taster glass, he'd already ordered his Carlsberg, but on tasting the Creans he immediately told the barman to change his order.

That's a pretty good recommendation, in my book, as he was raving about it. We have plans to head into AtG this weekend, and he's already wondering if they have Crean's on tap in there.

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yes it's on tap in ATG as I seen it in Saturday. Seemed to be selling well too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He'll be ony delighted when I tell him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Its now on tap in Roddy Bolands in Rathmines along with O'Hara's red and stout and Galway Hooker. Good to see more choice in pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭howyanow

i tasted it in the brazen head a few weeks back.was decent enough.hope it goes well for them

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ZonarySonic

Ya it seems to be selling well was in Dingle last weekend and had a few scoops of it myself lovely taste nice and crisp. Seems to be selling well in Dingle and the brewery doing tours there too.

Advertisement