Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for March 2nd

Options
  • 24-02-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Please help.

I got my husband tickets for Killing Joke Friday 2nd March. He was delighted with them. Booked and paid for hotel.

Gig was cancelled, but we plan on still going to Dublin. Would love to surprise him with alternative punk evening.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mariano125

heh.. i know what you mean..
    i've invited 2 of my friends from Poland for this gig.. As a huge fans of KJ they booked fligts straigt away..
    now i'm looking for alternative gig..

I found this on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/318624074854377/

Looks good but we're still looking for bigger live gig rather then for dj-party..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

mariano125 wrote: »
    i've invited 2 of my friends from Poland for this gig.. As a huge fans of KJ they booked fligts straigt away..

I found this on FB:

Looks good but we're still looking for bigger live gig rather then for dj-party..

There're two bands playing at that. To quote the event page:

FOAD PRESENTS:
    A NIGHT OF POST PUNK & ELECTRO EIGHTIES

BANDS: The Crows (UK) & The Statics
    DJ: The Master Switch
    ADMISSION: Free
    TIME: 8PM

True..i saw that..but it still seems more like "dj" party rather then live band show..moreover i never heard crows or statics so i don't know what to expect..hope they are worth my visitors time;)
    but from the other side i know that it may be hard to find good enough substitute for KJ :)

To be honest, I usually know about any punk gig going on in the city and there's nothing else on that night. He does list Killing Joke as one of the bands they DJ, so I'd assume that the bands playing live are along a similar vein :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

I found this on FB:

OMG, that is perfect!! Thankyou so much, i would never have found it. Were only travelling from Wicklow, not Poland.

Sure what have we got to loose....FREE. We'll drink the price of the tickets and have a nice meal somewhere.

If you go, look out for us, we may well be the oldest couple there, and i am likely to have earplugs in.

I might ring the venue and ask regarding timing of live bands.

Never mind...all in the name of love. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

dregin wrote: »
    To be honest, I usually know about any punk gig going on in the city and there's nothing else on that night. He does list Killing Joke as one of the bands they DJ, so I'd assume that the bands playing live are along a similar vein :)

Thanks to you too:) or is it a bit more punk rock to go:mad:

mrswalton wrote: »
    OMG, that is perfect!! Thankyou so much, i would never have found it. Were only travelling from Wicklow, not Poland.

Sure what have we got to loose....FREE. We'll drink the price of the tickets and have a nice meal somewhere.

If you go, look out for us, we may well be the oldest couple there, and i am likely to have earplugs in.

I might ring the venue and ask regarding timing of live bands.

Never mind...all in the name of love. Thanks again.

FXB's is straight across the road and pretty damn awesome for food!

http://bullandcastle.ie/temple/home.html

mrswalton wrote: »
    OMG, that is perfect!! Thankyou so much, i would never have found it. .

You're welcome.
    at the moment i'm not sure if we're going for this gig..
    one of my friends already postponed his flight and he's coming in april..
    no killing joke = no pressure to come at this time..
    the second one would like to go for some trip around ireland. don't know yet where and for how long.probably belfast or cork. he's already been in dublin twice...we will see what happens..
    of course we can have a pint together if we arrive to sweeneys..

BTW.Dregin - nice collection of local bands!!!

BTW.Dregin - nice collection of local bands!!!

Cheers! Hasn't been updated in a very, VERY long time... should really get around to that.

Advertisement