Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video compression HELP!

Options
  • 24-02-2012 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

So I made a 10 minute mini doc over a year ago..and I had it on my usb but unfortunately it is broken. It was edited using Final Cut Pro. The only other way I have it is through an email I sent to a friend, however, I can not open the file..it reads...Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

It is saved on my documents as a quick time movie. Do I need to download quick time in order to view the video? Please help! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Try it with VLC media player available here. It plays nearly anything I throw at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SSS2012

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Try it with VLC media player available here. It plays nearly anything I throw at it.

I downloaded moviequicktime..didn't work..then saw your comment..downloaded the VLC...it didnt work! Boo! There must be a way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Try this fela,

http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

Supported Video, Audio and Image File Formats:

WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, SND, AU, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, MIDI, MPEG, MPG, MP2, VOB, AC3, DTS, ASX, M3U, PLS, WAX, ASF, WM, WMA, WMV, AVI, CDA, JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, D2V, MP4, SWF, MOV, QT, FLV
    The bold ones are quicktime extensions.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Their's other players you can try if these don't work.

Advertisement