Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress page comments issue...

Options
  • 24-02-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭

I've put together a blog site using a template and it's all looking alright. I have a home page with all the blog posts and several menu items, about the company, contact, etc. I want posters to be able to comment on blog posts, but I want to disable the comments feature for pages, like the About section and all the other pages. How would I do that? Am I right in assuming that the single.php is for blog posts, whilst the page.php is for pages? If I go into the page.php file and delete the echo comments section will that work? Or will this make a mess? I'm not good at all at this and appreciate any help. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You can enable/disable comments on a per post/page basis. Just go to 'Edit' for each page and there's a checkbox underneath the main editor box.

It'll show up at the bottom of the article as "Comments disabled" (or similar), but you could edit that out of the single.php if you want it to look more tidy.

Advertisement