Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millennium Falcon - UCS (10179)

Options
  • 24-02-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking of getting this but it turns out that lego don't make it anymore. Then I came across this site:
    http://rebrickable.com/sets/10179-1/millennium-falcon---ucs
    Is it possible to buy the bricks on their own and build it that way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sniipe wrote: »
    I've been thinking of getting this but it turns out that lego don't make it anymore. Then I came across this site:
    http://rebrickable.com/sets/10179-1/millennium-falcon---ucs
    Is it possible to buy the bricks on their own and build it that way?

Yep, but be warned - it would be a hugely laborious process. A lot of the pieces have become quite rare and therefore quite expensive - however, much of the set is made up of small technic elements which never see the light of day in the final model, so if you're happy to make colour substitutions then you might save yourself some hassle. It will still be very expensive when all the pieces are paid for, but if you have the time/inclination then you'll probably shave a couple of hundred euro off the price.

The instructions for the set are absolutely monstrous, and they fetch upwards of around €50/60 euro, so to save yourself cash you should source digital instructions online, which are very easy to come by.

Register on www.bricklink.com which is a great resource for finding miscellaneous pieces, and it's where everybody sources materials for these types of projects.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

ok - so I've found a set and I've managed to get them all in except for the following items:
    <ITEM>
    <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE>
    <ITEMID>167</ITEMID>
    <COLOR>85</COLOR>
    <MINQTY>27</MINQTY>
    </ITEM>

<ITEM>
    <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE>
    <ITEMID>4696b</ITEMID>
    <COLOR>86</COLOR>
    <MINQTY>2</MINQTY>
    </ITEM>

<ITEM>
    <ITEMTYPE>P</ITEMTYPE>
    <ITEMID>32277</ITEMID>
    <COLOR>86</COLOR>
    <MINQTY>4</MINQTY>
    </ITEM>

I don't notice the minifigs and I assume that I'll have to buy the stickers elsewhere.

It doesn't appear to be easy to get all the pieces. I have 300 different items to get (of varying quantity). I hope I don't have to go through each one...

I notice that you can buy a set from 900euro! Presumably these are guys that have done what I'm trying to do and then selling it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ok - so I've found a set and I've managed to get them all in except for the following items:

I don't notice the minifigs and I assume that I'll have to buy the stickers elsewhere.

It doesn't appear to be easy to get all the pieces. I have 300 different items to get (of varying quantity). I hope I don't have to go through each one...

I notice that you can buy a set from 900euro! Presumably these are guys that have done what I'm trying to do and then selling it off?

You'll have to get the minifigs separately (again, Bricklink is your friend) but luckily I don't *think* they are particularly rare. You should actually be able to get a sticket sheet from Lego if you make contact with them online.

Bricklink has a handy 'want list' feature which tells you which sellers have the pieces you need. It's a very outdated, unintuitive website so it can be tricky to come to terms with - I haven't really utilised that feature myself but I know it's there.

Not necessarily, a lot of resellers would have bought 2 or 3 when it was available on general sale, and are cashing in now. 900 sounds about right for a used set; Unopened they're going for upwards of €1000.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Advertisement