Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermoid cyst on ovary

Options
  • 23-02-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

There is a thread on this in trying to conceive, but thought I'd start one here too. Has anyone had one of these removed? I've just found out I've one the size of a tennis ball on my left ovary that needs to be removed.I've also PCOS but the doctor reckons removal of the cyst should help relieve some of my symptoms (acne, no periods etc) Would love to hear other people's stories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CandyAB

Hi there, just spotted your post, you asked for stories.. here you go! :D I had a dermoid the size of an orange removed from my left ovary when I was 17, another dermoid (avocado size) removed when 29 from my right ovary, both times I was getting considerable pain and it was a relief to get them removed! I am not sure if removal will reduce PCOS symptoms but I think it is best to get it out as they can cause a lot of pain. Found out today that I am growning number 3 on my right ovary, this one is tiny (cant think of a small enough food ;)!) so will need to speak with the doctor over the next few days to see what to do with it as I had a different type (just fluid filed) removed last year from my right ovary but they seem to think this new is another dermoid.. :( I am turning 33 soon. I was told I have PCOS but then told I didnt I seem to have just cystic ovaries.. all v confusing! :confused: I have yet to have children, I do hope to and will probably need to start thinking seriously about it this year! fun times!
    Your post was back in Feb .. just wondering did you get it removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tweety4386

Just recently joined and seen your thread.
    I suffer with pcos and had a cyst removed from my right ovary at 18 and it was the size of a football according to the doctors. Every woman has cysts and the disintergrate when the woman gets her period but for pcos sufferers they usually continue to grow. Having a cyst removed does relieve some of the problems but also maintaining a healthy weight and the use of the right medications help your pcos symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Thanks guys for your replies. I got the cyst removed a few weeks ago and my symptoms are getting better but the weight is still a problem it's not fair :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tweety4386

Glad you got the cyst removed and relieved some of the symptoms.I know the weight is a issue and its very hard to maintain and bring it down. I'm still struggling after 6 years but i'm slowly getting there its all about the right food and exercise.Nothing to hard while your still recovering but swimming would be a good place to start as its gentle on the body but still helps to burn the dreaded fat :)

Advertisement