Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Concert

Options
  • 23-02-2012 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

The biggest German band in the World are hear on Monday evn. Just bought a ticket myself because of who they are. Is anybody else going by any chance??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

janullrich wrote: »
    The biggest German band in the World are hear on Monday evn. Just bought a ticket myself because of who they are. Is anybody else going by any chance??

Didn't get a day off in work, otherwise I would have got a ticket myself :mad:

Anyway, enjoy the gig, their stage performance is just amazing, I saw them way back in 1998 and was quite impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 the-tyke

Yup, should be a great gig.

Stage show for the current tour looks amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Brilliant show. Well worth the money. They are amazing performers. Probably the only time we will see Rammstein in Dublin so I am delighted I went to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It was amazing to hear that many people singing along in "German":D in Ireland! Waited a long time for that concert and it didn't disappoint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Cool_CM wrote: »
    It was amazing to hear that many people singing along in "German":D in Ireland! Waited a long time for that concert and it didn't disappoint!

I wouldn't count too much on that...

At present, many Irish view Germans as arrogant people given the ECB's attitute towards Ireland because of the unguaranteed bondholders being bailed out at the expense of Hospital services, education and standard of living.

• Advertisement

Skopzz wrote: »

At present, many Irish view Germans as arrogant people given the ECB's attitute towards Ireland because of the unguaranteed bondholders being bailed out at the expense of Hospital services, education and standard of living.

That's partially why it was amazing to hear around 15,000 people singing along in German in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Skopzz wrote: »

Indeed, and many Irish people are happy to blame the Brits and now the Germans for all our woes. Unable to accept responsibility for ANYTHING.

The IMF had to be called in to this country and right now we are depending on them and the ECB to PAY for our hospitals etc. Even without a bank bailout this would be the case.
    We are overpaying our public service and asking someone else to write the cheque. That's arrogant. Our dear government went ahead and UNILATERALLY guaranteed our banks and specifically Anglo when there was no reason to do so.That was arrogant and stupid. Our finance minister (Brian Lenihan) called it the cheapest bailout in history! We still do not know why Anglo was bailed out despite Brian Cowen playing golf with these gangsters a few weeks previously.
    There is huge corruption at the heart of this so please spare me the German bashing. It is nauseating.

Apart from all of that, I am no big fan of Rammstein:) Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Indeed, and many Irish people are happy to blame the Brits and now the Germans for all our woes. Unable to accept responsibility for ANYTHING.

The IMF had to be called in to this country and right now we are depending on them and the ECB to PAY for our hospitals etc. Even without a bank bailout this would be the case.
    We are overpaying our public service and asking someone else to write the cheque. That's arrogant. Our dear government went ahead and UNILATERALLY guaranteed our banks and specifically Anglo when there was no reason to do so.That was arrogant and stupid. Our finance minister (Brian Lenihan) called it the cheapest bailout in history! We still do not know why Anglo was bailed out despite Brian Cowen playing golf with these gangsters a few weeks previously.
    There is huge corruption at the heart of this so please spare me the German bashing. It is nauseating.

Apart from all of that, I am no big fan of Rammstein:) Sorry!

Sorry if I came across as trying to blame others - I assure you it wasn't my intention.

We can arrange a write-off of 70 billion relating to Anglo Irish Bank Private Bondholders and their ponzie scheme. The problem is the ECB and Germany are blocking this irrationally.

Ireland did not have a fiscal problem until the government decided to bailout its private banks. Well, at least not a bigger fiscal problem. The country was sacrificed to save German investors.

We should have gone the way of Iceland or Sweden, let the banks fail, then pick up the pieces and recapitalize them.

Pressure is growing to do this and it's rapidly becoming a national issue. If Kenny remains in power for much longer, we will be worse than before 2011.

Ah lads, this is a thread about Rammstein. After hours and politics should suffice for all German bashing/IMF stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Indeed :D

Concert's over anyway, so thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement