Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Poison Tour 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I reckon that announcement is in reference to a US/Canada tour only.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea id only really go for Poison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

The only way I could avoid this more would be if a Dublin show was announced , Id get on a plane to Australia.

Def Leppard are notoriously ropey live for the past decade.
    Having watched the Metal Evolution series , I was reminded just how ****e Poison really were/are (and that's coiming from someone who doesn't mind hair metal). Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Def Leppard really need to get off the road and have a long hard think about there live performances.

The words bland, stagnant & boring all spring to mind when thinking about a Leppard gig from the past 10yrs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

When I saw this title I first taught "US Tour" so I don't believe there will be a Poison show in Dublin. I think they toured here in 1993...or got as far as London, and they've done one show in Europe since then in Sweden for a festival a few years ago...that's it...they have a market in Europe, sure, but most people think they broke up years ago

I'm amazed there about as big as the Goo Goo RDolls in America and yet over here they're referred too as a band who got thrown in the bin after the 80s hand ended...shame, I'd like to see them both, but I have to agree that Def Leppard live is questionable....especially the state they were in with Motley Crue last year

On top of that, Joe is pretty good by himself, he should focus on Down N' Outz instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I would go to see Poison, but have no interest in Leppard. Doubt very much that the tour will come this way anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

scudzilla wrote: »
    Def Leppard really need to get off the road and have a long hard think about there live performances.

The words bland, stagnant & boring all spring to mind when thinking about a Leppard gig from the past 10yrs or so.

I've seen Leppard 4 times since 2008 and I have to agree completely - I love a lot of their music, but live these days the show is way over polished, it's slick enough with good stage setups - but very similar, and I don't get excited by them anymore - personally I think Alice Cooper blew them off the stage last year, but that's a different thing......

don't know about you Scud - but I think it would be nice if they went with the trend and played say Pyromania in full for a tour, the last few sets I've seen have been very similar.....

anyway - I don't think this lineup will hit Ireland just like the other US Touring lineups didn't , maybe seperately at some stage, but as has been mentioned Poison don't come here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NIBBS wrote: »
    I've seen Leppard 4 times since 2008 and I have to agree completely - I love a lot of their music, but live these days the show is way over polished, it's slick enough with good stage setups - but very similar, and I don't get excited by them anymore - personally I think Alice Cooper blew them off the stage last year, but that's a different thing......

don't know about you Scud - but I think it would be nice if they went with the trend and played say Pyromania in full for a tour, the last few sets I've seen have been very similar.....

anyway - I don't think this lineup will hit Ireland just like the other US Touring lineups didn't , maybe seperately at some stage, but as has been mentioned Poison don't come here.....

A Def Leppard tour playing Hysteria in full would be great. Bands such as Iron Maiden vary there setlists hugly on certain tours and they still draw huge crowds.

Advertisement