Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job hunting advice

Options
  • 23-02-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hey all….

Just looking for people’s opinions here….. I’ve working as a software engineer for the past few years, mainly as a server side developer using java…. My problem is that my company has never used frameworks like Spring and Hibernate which are all the rage now when I look at job specs for java developers.
    My question is how to fill the void that I have with regards to not having worked with these technologies when I go to apply for jobs?.
    Will employers take on developers in the hope that they will pick things up quickly?.... I’ve been out of the jobs market for a long time so just wondering what i can do to make myself more attractive to employers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You go and learn the things you are missing. Expect to be doing this a lot in your future career.

Advertisement