Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of spider is this?

Options
  • 23-02-2012 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I found two of these monsters in the bathroom yesterday evening. Normally spiders don't scare me too much but these look like they might bite.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what type of spider it is? I would think it is an over-grown house spider but I have seen over a dozen or so in the house over the past two or three months, all this size.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Moved from Phobias

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i presume its dead?

if you still have the body put a coin next to it for scale and post another pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

same as mine?

E21BB661EBD54255A59E13F1DB483077-0000331913-0002747773-00500L-F5602A934666430896FFB1F97A14DE76.jpg

Common house spider I presume. Tegenaria? I'm not sure which one. Mine's alive and well in the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mavron155

This with coin 50cent piece. Ya they dead, I know they say put them out and all that but it would just come back in and prefer not having these critters roaming the house! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mavron155

Ya it looks alot like your resident spider there, except the body is a different set of colours and designs. I found the two together, they weren't easy to catch either

• Advertisement
Advertisement