Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bassist ready to Rock! or at least Punk Rock!

Options
  • 23-02-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Recently single (bandwise), Dublin based bassist available for band, (say that fast when your pissed).

Will play all styles as long as the songs comform to the big four: Short, Catchy, Simple and Fast. So punkish type of stuff is what I'm saying. (Saying conform and Punk in the same sentence sounds wrong doesn't it?) *Also, no cover bands. Not interested in playing solely for money. It's not my bag.

Ah well.

I've recenly come out of a band/project and don't want to be waiting around too long, want to just jump right in and keep going. My style is comparable, but not limited, to the styles of Mike Dirnt (greenday) and Mark Hoppus (Blink 182). If this is what you are looking for then give me a shout.

As I've said, as long it's short, simple, fast and catchy then i'm in, so you can imagine i'm not up for super-progessive, space-age, electro-folk. Although that does sound kinda cool.

I'm 28, and although I am by no means 'defeated', I'm not interested in a band that is chasing record deals. I wouldn't mind if one came along, I'm just not up for acting the tool. I would like a band that jams once/twice a week and gigs regularily, records whenever possible and most importanly has fun along the way.

I tend to come up with a lot of riffs and songs so I'd be suited more to a band that is looking for a song-writer or at the very least, is willing to share composing duties. I've been in too many 'one way' bands and they are not very fun and the band always end up either breaking up or becoming Razorlight. Both scenarious are not very pleasant experiences.

Anyway, I'm long past the point of rambling so I'll leave it at that. If you're interested or just generally wanna have a chat (keep it polite), hit me up and we'll get the ball rolling.

Laters
    Al

Comments

Advertisement