Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Jews Telling Jokes

Options
  • 23-02-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭

BBC4, late nights. Talk about a show that does what it says on the tin: it really is just a bunch of Old Jews telling jokes, and doesn't need to be anything more. Some can be quite risqué, though this one is pretty safe:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A saw the opening 5 mins or so, some truly terrible (but funny) jokes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

That looks ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Dermighty wrote: »
    That looks ****e
    Ehh, it is what it is, what do I care if you watch it or not? I don't know why I have to kvetch, kids today are such schlemiels ...

:P

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Oy vey, enough already with the criticism you goys.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You want I should watch this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chicken Soup of comedy! Goes cold too quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

To be fair they aren't pitching it as something on the same level as Seinfeld or Woody Allen's finest work but some of the jokes are hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Looks like the jokes are all online anyway - not sure which came first, the web series or the TV series? Anyway, have another one - you could tell this one in the pub, just replace "Rabbi" and "Temple" with "Priest" and "Church", you'll be grand. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dermighty wrote: »
    That looks ****e
    Jewish comedians are the funniest f'uckers you'll find.

Advertisement