Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cruiser Weight Holyfield vs Heavy weight Rocky Marciano

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Two warriors ...same weight

I'll go Holyfield by close UD ...Better boxing skills + warrior > warrior

Cruiserweight Holyfield vs Heavyweight Marciano 5 votes

Marciano
    0% 0 votes
    Holyfield
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

205 lbs Holyfield vs. 190 lb Rocky?

Over 12 rds Holyfield has a chance for a very close win on points.
    I would back Rocky over 15 rds by UD in a tough fight.

Rocky brings too much pace and power throughout. Far too much volume. Holyfield is not getting any breaks here, and is getting hit all over the body all the time.

Yes, Holyfield will land, hurt and do very well. Not well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Holyfield has been hit full on by Bowe, Marciano won't trouble his chin-Evander has strenght Marciano never dealt with and would tire quicker than against the small men he usually fought

Marciano has also been down multiple times by less powerful men than Holyfield, Only chance Marciano has is stamina and i don't have any fears Evander can last 12 rugged rounds with the smaller man.

42 of Marciano's fights where scheduled 10 rounders 7 where scheduled 15, hmmm!
    once he went 11, 13 and 1 15 rounder

Evander had 5 scheduled 15 rounders and also went the full 15 once, and done 11+ rounds on 15 occasions compared to Rocky's 3 and 10 or more on 25 occasions compared to Marciano's 9 times so stamina would go to Evander for me.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

I think Holyfield's stamina is good to very good. Never said he wouldn't last the distance. I just think the pace and volume Rocky brings will be whole lot more than anything Holyfield has ever met. Bowe did not bring that sustained kind of volume to Holyfield. Who did at HW? Lewis certainly did not, nor did Foreman. It's a cracker of a fight, and I am not at all confident, as Holyfield was brilliant.

walshb wrote: »
    as Holyfield was brilliant.

Yes he was
    walshb wrote: »
    and I am not at all confident,

I am :p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭The Prodigy 2

Holyfield by UD.

I think holyfield would bully him back like he did mike tyson and would take the decision

rocky would give him trouble but not enough to capture rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

The CW limit is 200 lbs

Marciano would be 190 v 200 for Holyfield

Marciano has more power and strength, Holyfield has better skills

It's a close fight and I'd give a slight edge to Marciano's relentlessness. Could be a split decision victory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

How would Holyfield cope with Marciano's relentless body attacks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

holyfield would struggle to cope with rockys power

rocky should wear him out and beat him down

runboyrun wrote: »
    The CW limit is 200 lbs

Marciano would be 190 v 200 for Holyfield

Marciano has more power and strength, Holyfield has better skills

It's a close fight and I'd give a slight edge to Marciano's relentlessness. Could be a split decision victory.

Don't know how I overlooked this. Yes, 200 lbs max is the weight today, and was 190 lbs when Holyfield was a CW. So, scratch my first post ref a 205 lb Holyfield, who was a HW there. Edging it to Rocky a litle more now.

2 tough men, 1 with way more skill and in my opinion a better chin, Marciano was Down supposedly from punches not to great-Holyfield taller and proven stamina that Marciano has not, read my post above-I don't think stamina will be factor anyway-Evander is just so much better at everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

rocky has too much power and too much aggression for evander

his excellent balance and power will push evander back and win on points or even late ko

Advertisement