Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleach live action movie?!

Options
  • 23-02-2012 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭

Right sorry if this is here already or belongs in Films. I'm pretty sure it belongs here, but that's up to the mods. :pac:

Like many anime series I've only ever watched a handful of the initial episodes meaning to come back! (Note-to-self: watch them all!).

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/wb-setting-peter-segal-dan-mazeau-to-develop-a-bleach-movie/
    While we wait for Akira, how about a little Bleach? Warner Bros, who's developing the live-action Akira, is apparently now moving forward on developing a live-action adaptation of the manga/anime Bleach. We first heard about this project existing a few years ago, but Variety is now saying that Peter Segal (Anger Management, 50 First Dates, Get Smart) and writer Dan Mazeau (Wrath of the Titans, The Flash, Jonny Quest) have come on-board to develop at the studio, and Segal "will produce with an eye toward possibly directing." Interesting update on another live-action anime project that's going to get a lot of fan resistance.

Bleach, with more than 75 million copies in circulation in Japan alone, follows Ichigo, a teenager with the ability to see ghosts. When his family is attacked by a Hollow, he absorbs the power to hunt Hollows and dedicates his life to protecting the innocent and helping tortured souls find peace. "I've always been a huge fan of 'Bleach' and have great respect for its creator Kubo Sensei and the truly original and amazing world he has created in this manga," Segal told Variety. Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing will also produce along with Masi Oka and VIZ Prods, part of the English-language publisher of Bleach. I'm very curious to see how this turns out, but obviously nervous for live-action adaptations of a popular manga.

The two names attached don't really inspire confidence. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Bleach and live acting alone don't inspire trust but with those type of directors? I think I'll take a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The entire movie will be filmed on blue-screen, which will be replaced by static white for the entire movie.

It's the only way to ensure a proper adaptation.

Advertisement