Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain issue

Options
  • 22-02-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭

Have also posted this in Net/Comms:

Lads I regestered a domain, for ref I will call it "fancypm.ie" which is being hosted on a letshost package (big mistake) along with other domains also hosted on the same package. Problem is I got business cards made up and to make it stand out a bit more had the email address printed like so "john@fancyPM.ie"

When I ran a test from one of the other emails on this same letshost package with the PM in caps it worked fine. But when I send an email from say gmail to "john@fancyPM.ie it doesnt arrive.

I have since been told that domains are not case sensitive so it shouldn't make any difference and it was also suggested that I use Mxtools.com to check if the domain was blacklisted, which it was.

Got back onto letshost support after them telling me that the issue was local to my machine even though I explained that the issue arose due to someone else trying to email with the "PM" done in caps but email bounced back to them. I explained that someone had suggested to check blacklist and was then told by support that there may be an issue with my nameservers and to go into my CPanel in my account and change them back to default settings. Cant tell if it has worked yet as I have to wait until the nameservers are updated.

In case it doesnt and the fact its hard to talk to a human in Letshost when it comes to domain issues is there anything else I should try.

I had been with Blacknight with little or no issues until the email problem they had a couple of months ago so decided to try these guys, think I may be moving again.

Advertisement