Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange noises in the sky in Ireland

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I found this on youtube. what do you think? have you heard any noises like these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

over the past few years, theres been quite a few reports of weird earth noises - but unfortunately theres also a massive, massive number of fake videos proporting the same thing. Its hard to tell between whats been faked with additional audio and what videos are apparently 'real'

Ghost Theory has been covering these stories for a while:

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/01/30/13533
    You see, there are several dozen fake “noise from the sky” videos circulating the web. Skeptics, who figured out the fakes, are quick to dismiss all claims from around the world of either more elaborate hoaxes or mass hysteria. What most skeptics don’t realize is that this strange noise has been going on for years in certain parts of the world. In Canada it was known as “the hum”. This low-frequency hum, at times accompanied with intense earth vibrations, has been reported and studied by the government and scientists for a few years now.
    Ever since last year, more and more reports of the strange humming has been heard all across the globe. Unlike the Canadian hum, these reports do not include earth vibrations. Just the loud and ominous sounds that seem to come from the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

As maccored said these noises have been around for awhile now, becoming more frequent the past while most likely due to the amount of fakes being put out there.

Its very hard to weed out the legit ones if there are any out there, this is a major issue with any video on the net these days.

There are videos from all around the world reported these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I'd have been more inclined to believe it if he had shown his surroundings and not just the sky , more than likely his neighbour had a power saw and this is a hoax

it also could easily have had the original audio replaced with the sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I heard what sounded like a deisel generator running outside at 2am the other night. It was a weird sound, couldnt seem to put a distance too it. The misses asked me what it was, I said aliens. Stopped soon after. Just a weird sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yea, I'v even noticed a hum lately like a background noise amongst the traffic and city noises here, My windows are always open and my apartment is up high so I'm well used to noises and there definitely seems to be something odd lately here. Its quiet possible I'm mistaken on this though but I'll keep an open mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've been hearing that diesel engine like hum for quite some time myself particularly at night time. No idea what it is but had been losing sleep over it. Trying to keep an open mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

I read on another forum about these noises and it turned out the were low flying Russian tu95 bombers.I am not sure do if they have flown over Ireland but have flown over the UK recently and the were intercepted by their air force.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

This is the best strange noise video I have seen. Really strange noise and it gets so loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MoeJay

As they state they are 4 miles from their nearest airport, sounds like a jet engine under a test run.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Would a jet engine make your house shake and be so loud from 4 miles away? Maybe but the strangest thing was the flash of light just before it stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I don't like these videos. They unnerve me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lekky

I heard on 2fm this evening about a strange noise being heard in some part of Kerry since April 2011, no hoax, was just wondering if anyone else knows anything about it, a lot of the noises on the youtube video's from Canada, Belgium, Russia all seem to be hoax's, its so easy to spot when Americans are faking it by cheesy acting and the likes and also this one from Northern Ireland seems to be legit . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 willjoe

Hi,

Hi,

I hear this noise every night also in the sligo area. I never hear during the day. It's been heard all over the world but nobody has any real clue what it is. I turned of the electric one night to make it was nothing in my house but I could still hear it.. When I work away which is once / twice a month I never heard expect once while I was staying in a house outside Belleek Village in Belleek, Co Fermanagh. Google it. There's some interesting info on it. or read the link below.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1qQJDk4vP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Heard this guy being interviewed on the Tom Dunne show.

Whatever it is it seems to be driving whomever can hear it demented. Seems to be different from other youtube videos as it is describe as a diesel engine idling while some of the other videos seem to be jet engines or metallic sounds.

Would love to know what it is !!!

Personally I think it is an alien galactic fleet getting into position a la "Signs" or "Independence Day" :pac:

Advertisement