Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energy Choices

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi everyone, i was wondering if there was anyone doing energy could help me on my choice of one of the streams (markets, Science, Power, Mangement)? any feedback on any of these streams would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Hi I'm in 3rd year and I am doing the power stream. Are you doing eng or sic maths
    Martket would be based around carbon trading
    Power is based around building systems to control power supply from diffrent sources and feeding them to a base load
    You have to do eng maths to enter these streams

Management would be around incressing energy efficenicy in buildings
    Sicence would be R&D of batterys and other energy storage systems

What I can tell you about Power is that for the first term of second year it is the same as sicence and management. Markets has one moduel diffrent they do an ecominces module instead of the circuit module.
    The second term of second year Power has modules in robotics and a programming moduel with lab view and mathlab (control). I loved these modules both of the lectures were some of the best lectures I have had. You will have to do thermal physics and it is a hard module but the lecture is a teacher so if you attend most of the hours and do the work you will be fine.
    The first term of third year you have to do a module in java easy as can be and a mathlab module that if you did mathlab before it okay. The other are similuar to what you did before.
    One thing I can say is because it is a new course you will not have a lot of exam papers as some of the modules are new.
    My class is the first class to go througe the course and with the diffrent streams we are having problems with coop only 9 people out of 23-25 have gotten coop most got it by themselfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 COOMKEEN3010

Im really not sure............. i kinda like management and science and i think il go for one of these two...... why did only so little get co op places?? I thought UL have to find you one in Ireland as part of co op...... its kinda worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Im really not sure............. i kinda like management and science and i think il go for one of these two...... why did only so little get co op places?? I thought UL have to find you one in Ireland as part of co op...... its kinda worrying
    They try to but seen as we were the first group they didn't have enough ground work you should be okay by the time it your turn. I think manegment is the most popular out of all the streams

Advertisement