Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Blow Up

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to get some information!! I have an album cover with some amazing artwork on it, namely a picture of an eye. It's really striking, and I think it would make a great picture to hang on my wall. My question is this; would it be possible for the artwork from a CD cover blown up to a considerably larger size, without the picture becoming very pixelated and losing its quality? I would hope to have it blown up from CD cover size to around 21 inches?

Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

Also, here is a link to the picture itself:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=138144

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Not a problem at all. Contact the label and ask, if they hold the copyright to that picture, or if not, if they can point you who has the copyright.
    Then just ask what size of print they sell or they are willing to sell, for how much and how much will be the shipping.
    However knowing, that it is a LP cover, you might get a poster with that picture and only have it framed locally.
    Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

I have contacted Warner Bros and am awaiting a reply! Thanks, man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

No problem. I am always happy to help along the rules of this forum, to respect other users, human rights, law and fair communication on polite level.

I didn't click the link (as I've no knowledge/interest in the world of music) but if it's a new release, then ask a local music store. They usually get lots of promotional posters and such with album cover artwork on them and the likes.

They're usually happy to get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

If only it was that simple. It's the artwork of the Scar Tissue single, released by the Chili Peppers. It was released in 1999 so I doubt any retailer in the country still have any in stock. Hopefully Warner Bros will get back to me, although they do have a rather pessimistic notice on their website saying that they don't reply to all emails due to the sheer number they receive, so I'm not too hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

have you tried places like all posters.com?

quite often one of those types of art sites will have stuff like that

Advertisement