Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox Live Gold 12 Months $35.99 (€27.20 at current Exchange rate)

Options
  • 22-02-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

At first i wasn't sure if this would apply over here, but seeing as it's on Amazon too, and as both are online codes, i can't see why not, as no shipping needed.

Unfortunately (for me), i have no cash in my Prepaid card at the minute, so i can't buy one tonight. I'll be gutted if they are all gone before i get to buy one tomorrow.. Them's the breaks i guess.
    I saw this similar a few weeks ago on the Microsoft dot com website, so i'm hoping that they won't disappear quickly. These must be from that same deal.

Amazon.com Link

Newegg.com Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Allyall wrote: »
    At first i wasn't sure if this would apply over here, but seeing as it's on Amazon too, and as both are online codes, i can't see why not, as no shipping needed.

Unfortunately (for me), i have no cash in my Prepaid card at the minute, so i can't buy one tonight. I'll be gutted if they are all gone before i get to buy one tomorrow.. Them's the breaks i guess.
    I saw this similar a few weeks ago on the Microsoft dot com website, so i'm hoping that they won't disappear quickly. These must be from that same deal.

Amazon.com Link

Newegg.com Link

Another Amazon Link to Online code Only.

They are both cards though. Will they ship the card here? Also says it may not be compatible outside the US.

Edit: only seeing online code option there. Sorry.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

"Online Game Codes are only available to US customers" - tried and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

parsi wrote: »
    "Online Game Codes are only available to US customers" - tried and failed.

Ahhh Cack. :mad:

Did it not work with Amazon either?

Would a US proxy work? :rolleyes:
    Or a friend in the states, on email..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It was on Amazon - needed a US billing address.

Can't really complain that MS want to have a promotion limited to a country with a pop of 200,000,000 (or so).

Xbox Live Memberships cards are also region locked between Europe and America I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Xbox Live Memberships cards are also region locked between Europe and America I believe.

i believe this is true too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

if so, that's new. Ms points are region locked, live subs were never locked before to the best of my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Doesn't seem to be true. LINK

It is only Points, as far as i can make out, i looked around a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

But as stated cant buy the code from here, need an account registered in the USA.
    bummer...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

you can buy on ebay for about 35 euros and you get the code the same day in most cases, they e-mail it. I've been doing this the last 3 years and here is a trusted seller
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/XBOX-360-LIVE-12-MONTH-GOLD-SUBSCRIPTION-MEMBERSHIP-/190637805798?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c62e610e6#ht_1866wt_1270

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I was able to buy the code on the amazon.com site. I have an amazon.com account, used my irish credit card but with a new york delivery address, clicked on "use same address for billing" - still went thru with no problems - got the code within 2 minutes.

thanks op, was waiting on a ba for xbl gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭ablelocks

ablelocks wrote: »
    I was able to buy the code on the amazon.com site. I have an amazon.com account, used my irish credit card but with a new york delivery address, clicked on "use same address for billing" - still went thru with no problems - got the code within 2 minutes.

thanks op, was waiting on a ba for xbl gold.

just redeemed code on xbox and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tried and worked :D (US Address setup just for this)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

you can buy on ebay for about 35 euros and you get the code the same day in most cases, they e-mail it. I've been doing this the last 3 years and here is a trusted seller
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/XBOX-360-LIVE-12-MONTH-GOLD-SUBSCRIPTION-MEMBERSHIP-/190637805798?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item2c62e610e6#ht_1866wt_1270

Do they email the code to you or do you have to specify that you want it emailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

niallo24 wrote: »
    Do they email the code to you or do you have to specify that you want it emailed?

If you look at the options for Subscription Length and Format choose 12 months and Online Game Code. Unfortunately the price for the online version is now $44.99 which makes it about 34 euro. The price for the card is now $35.96...I might still get this since I do have a US address to ship it to can get the code that way.

One of my sons account was up today though so instead of waiting I ordered a 12month + 2month free with MW3 avatar for £31.99 from ElectronicFirst.com ...about 38 euro.
    Email with attachment came straight away and no problems entering it and the code with the avatar.
    They are also on Facebook and update there often enough with competitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Just got this for the young lad for 32 euro. took about 6 minutes from paying to getting the code emailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hi

my subscription ran out a few weeks ago and looking around for cheapest 12 month gold subscription

if i sign up to amazon put in a us address will i get the code emailed for that price still?

or if anyone can send me a link from a trusted seller anywhere id appreciate it

dying for some fifa :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

madma wrote: »
    hi

my subscription ran out a few weeks ago and looking around for cheapest 12 month gold subscription

if i sign up to amazon put in a us address will i get the code emailed for that price still?

or if anyone can send me a link from a trusted seller anywhere id appreciate it

dying for some fifa :)

Look UP ^^^^^^^^^^^ Post 17

Advertisement