Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom page in Wordpress

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know the easiest way to do this? I've taken an existing theme, modified the style sheets to my liking and now want a couple of custom pages. I can this this by placing this code at the top of a HTML file and renaming .PHP and uploading.
    <?php
    /*
    Template Name: *custom*
    */
    ?>

This works great, but I'd like the ability for my client to edit via the dashboard. Do I need to start modifying an existing page? I really just want to apply predetermined styles and remove the header.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

placing this code at the top of a HTML file and renaming .PHP
    This isn't really how you're supposed to use templates.
    Instead, make your template.php file from a copy of single.php and make the necessary changes to that.
    When you do it this way, the client can still edit the text like any other wordpress page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Thanks, I'll try that.

Advertisement