Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killaloe GP?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Looking for a GP in Killaloe, ideally someone that takes appointments, I am sick and there is no way I could deal with sitting in a Doctor's Surgery for hours waiting to see someone. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Here are two links with the names and contact details of GPs working in Killaloe and Ballina.

I like Dr. Thornton, I personally think he is a wonderful doctor, he is based across the bridge in Ballina. Would you be fit enough to make the crossing, do you think?;)

Ballina GPs

Killaloe GPs

If you need a doctor (urgently) out of hours you could ring:

Shannondoc -Out of Hours Doctor service
    Thomas Street, Killaloe, Co. Clare.
    Phone No: 1850 212999

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Here are two links with the names and contact details of GPs working in Killaloe and Ballina.

I like Dr. Thornton, I personally think he is a wonderful doctor, he is based across the bridge in Ballina. Would you be fit enough to make the crossing, do you think?;)

Ballina GPs

Killaloe GPs

Thanks for that.
    Think I might just about be able to struggle across the bridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bridgeman

Hi, I can highly recomend Dr Bernie Lynch and appointment times are always kept and ran efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

MrsD007 wrote: »

Ballina GPs

Killaloe GPs

+1 for Dr. Thornton, excellent doctor , very thorough and great to explain the ins and outs of a condition.
    Dr. Maureen Ryan equally excellent but it's more difficult to get an appointment with her.

I should say that even with an appointment you could end up sitting in the waiting room for up to an hour depending on how busy they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Taceom wrote: »
    +1 for Dr. Thornton, excellent doctor , very thorough and great to explain the ins and outs of a condition.
    Dr. Maureen Ryan equally excellent but it's more difficult to get an appointment with her.

I should say that even with an appointment you could end up sitting in the waiting room for up to an hour depending on how busy they are.

I know that it can be difficult to be waiting when you're very sick but generally speaking, I never mind this.

I actually think that it is a good thing when appointments over run as it means that the doctor is giving his/her patient the extra time they need to discuss their issue. Sometimes a ten minute slot is not long enough if you have a complex issue/concern to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Dr. Freda Carmody is my personal favourite in the town.
    Lovely lady and a very thorough GP.

Advertisement