Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who here bets in shops?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Now I know people will say there’s good craic and atmosphere etc and they can have great specials but is there. At least online you can get the best price or easily find the better price between the bookies you have accounts with me.

I'll be honest, I never really bet in shops much anymore but was in town with a few hours to kill on Friday and popped into 3 shops

Boyles. Paddy Powers and a betpack shop

All were reasonably busy but Boyles probably had the same as the other two put together and Powers and Betpack had roughly the same as each other in their shops

Now it was a Friday and Newbury was on but I had to say the atmosphere in Powers was horrid, barely anybody even bothering to look up from the racing, the smell of alcohol and guysjust betting all the stupid cartoon races that they have on sis,+, turf tv and some Powers channel akin to lucky downs. Loads of gimiicky bets like name any 3 to place in the first 3 in any order at 12/1

Boyles too had all this going but seemed to have a better atmosphere, loads of lads chatting and enjoying the racing and shouts and roars when Zarkadar won. They too had loads of specials like horse and hounds and even hounds and roulette

Screens moving so fast my head started to hurt looking at it all

Betpack had less of the markets on screen, quietist crowd but nice enough to sit in and watch racing and counter seemed to busy enough with manager talking to regulars

where would you bet and why?
    Are these extra markets any good as they seemed complete garbage to me
    Whose really the best for actual specials and whose the best for three card trickery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wishful Thinking

oops dont know how that happened, it said I logged out when I submited it

Can mod delete one of them

Advertisement