Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In which areas should I upskill?

Options
  • 22-02-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was unsure whether to post this in the design or develop forum. Mods, feel free to move it.

I've been working for a web agency for the past 2 years and gained a lot of experience in that time. Having said that I know I need to improve in certain areas of my game. The question is what should I get training in?

My CSS and HTML are strong. I have no practical HTML5 experience. I'm very well versed in CMSs such as Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal. My knowledge of javascript, jquery and php is low, most of the techie stuff we outsource. However, I do come from an object oriented programming background, and can do basic debugging of code. I'm not too bad with databases, and am very comfortable with DNS management and the like.

Designwise, I'm accomplished with Photoshop CS5, Fireworks, and to a lesser extent Illustrator and use it on a daily basis to do mockups for clients.

I was thinking more along the lines of HTML5 + javascript and jquery. What do you guys think? Also do you know of any courses in Dublin (or online) that you'd recommend or would signing up with lynda.com be enough to get a solid grounding.

Thanks for your help

Advertisement