Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lolipop Day is this Friday and Saturday - oesophageal cancer awareness & research

Options
  • 22-02-2012 12:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am a 5 year oesophageal cancer survivor (link to the time of the surgery) but I was only 32 when I was diagnosed. I found that a lot of people are not aware of the early symptoms which may include inability to swallow (thus the lolipop in lolipop day).

I now have a son and a daughter :)

Link to Lolipop Day

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

This is an article about me in the paper yesterday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I didn't even know this was Lollipop day! :o
    I will be looking out for the collectors now so I can make some small contribution.
    Cathy, I knew something about your illness but after reading that thread again I am amazed at how much you have been through. I can't believe it's been 5 years and you have your two beautiful children now. You and Shane deserve every happiness. xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭flossie

CathyMoran,

I spent a while reading through the entire thread showing your battles. Wow is all I can say! I hope you all continue to have good health and as much love, laughter and happiness that life can bring.

I admit I didn't donate to the collections in town, more as I was preoccupied with some toher things, but definately next year, unless there is a way to donate in the meantime?

Floss.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Wow !

What lovely article in the paper.

It is good to hear stories that have a happy ending.

Aidan

Advertisement