Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for CV Advisor

Options
  • 22-02-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

As per title. I'm looking for someone familiar with IT to re-work my CV on a flat fee basis. I can find lots of people who can do CV's but none seem to have an IT background. Can you recommend anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

list certs,
    list third level education,
    list companies you've worked for, tasks, who you responded to and who/what you were responsible for.
    list projects you've worked on that are out in the open
    list skills proficient in,
    list hobbies - this is a personal thing i like on a cv, especially in tech you'd like to know that your potential colleague has a healthy balance between sitting on a pc all day and something else.

my flat fee is 100euro, pm me for payment details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

CV should be short and to the point. If you have room to put in hobbies then you mustn't have much work experience.

Graduate CV: 1 page
    Experienced CV: 2 pages

Obviously, grammar or spelling mistakes means it goes in the bin. Silly fonts or excessive use of colour = goes in the bin. Anything other than minimal = goes in the bin.

I wouldn't pay that poster above 100 quid, he didn't even say to put employment history on cv :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

srsly78 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay that poster above 100 quid, he didn't even say to put employment history on cv :confused:

my post was in jest, i thought i conveyed that with my ridiculous price. of course employment history is a glaring omission but that's in there now :pac:

Advertisement