Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM ONLY CARD

Options
  • 22-02-2012 6:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi fellow boarders ,

My question is short and simple .

is there any banks that will provide an atm only card without 'maestro' / 'visa/debit' .. in my case , im not worried about the charges on my account from using these facilitys , I am merely trying to aviod falling into the trap of online gambling again :eek: . I dont trust myself from previous experiences:mad:

With a ATM only card i can rest assured that my road to recovery , would be made alot easier .

Cheers in advance

Mark :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Xcellor

auto spark wrote: »
    Hi fellow boarders ,

My question is short and simple .

is there any banks that will provide an atm only card without 'maestro' / 'visa/debit' .. in my case , im not worried about the charges on my account from using these facilitys , I am merely trying to aviod falling into the trap of online gambling again :eek: . I dont trust myself from previous experiences:mad:

With a ATM only card i can rest assured that my road to recovery , would be made alot easier .

Cheers in advance

Mark :D

When my wife opened up a personal account with permtsb she was given a bank card. It did have the cirrus but I reckon that was just to take money out abroad. You may have to specificaly request it though.

I've found a good way to protect my money is to set up standing order which puts a big chunk of "disposable/gamblable" income into a saving account that is locked and you can't take out the money without 3 weeks notice.

If you don't mind me asking what gambling were you involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭auto spark

Of course u can ask ,

I had a massive win playing blackjack (5 figures), i feel the urge to keep going , although i havent venture back to it yet , i know i will , if i dont set up a safe guard .

ill see if anyone has a more comprehensive option , if not ill look into ur advice .

cheers

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Xcellor

auto spark wrote: »
    Of course u can ask ,

I had a massive win playing blackjack (5 figures), i feel the urge to keep going , although i havent venture back to it yet , i know i will , if i dont set up a safe guard .

ill see if anyone has a more comprehensive option , if not ill look into ur advice .

cheers

mark

I notice on ulster banks website they have

cashCARD (only available on Savings Accounts)

This doesn't have debit card possibilities. It has "plus" but I don't think you can use that to buy stuff online, only take money out abroad. Maybe an option.

To win big on blackjack you have to stake a lot. Or be v. lucky. Play enough you will always lose...

Poker is better at least you can play the % on that and if you are good and disciplined and play consistently then you should make money. Course what would I know I have never made any!!

Advertisement