Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Intal spincaps still made ?(asthma)

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭

When I younger I used the Intal spincaps for my asthma and they worked really well.
    Recently its been coming back and I was thinking of asking my doc if he thinks I should use them again. Trouble is that I'm reading that they might be not made any more!! Is there an alternative brand name here that is the same stuff now?

He's put me on Becotide currently but its not really helping much hence why I was thinking of asking him if the Intal was still made (its been 20 years or more since I used them previously).
    Can you still get them and is there a more modern way of taking them?, i remember the spinhaler was a bit of a pain to clean.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but you should check with a doctor or pharmacist to be sure. I was on it up to about 15 years ago when I was put on Beclazone. I can't remember the exact reason I changed, but it could have been due to it no longer being available.

I also tried Becotide and didn't find it much use, but do find Beclazone 250 to be very effective.

There are plenty of asthma medicines out there so make sure you find one that works for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

ksimpson wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure it isn't, but you should check with a doctor or pharmacist to be sure. I was on it up to about 15 years ago when I was put on Beclazone. I can't remember the exact reason I changed, but it could have been due to it no longer being available.

I also tried Becotide and didn't find it much use, but do find Beclazone 250 to be very effective.

There are plenty of asthma medicines out there so make sure you find one that works for you.

Thanks ksimpson, was hoping the answer wasn't that its discontinued. Off to the doc tomorrow, hope he suggests something else worthwhile.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement