Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New opportunity for people from Marketing related disciplines

Options
  • 21-02-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

*For moderator, I did not post this under business partner because I am not looking for a partner here.

PR, Marketing, Graphic Design, Finance, Art and Design.

If you are looking for work in any of these areas then I have something that could be of interested to you. I am putting together a small group of very talented individuals who are extremely motivated to make a real mark in their field of expertise. This team will be given a unique opportunity to create something for themselves. Our target audience is recent graduates who have a lot of talent but find themselves without the opportunity to demonstrate it to anyone, but it is certainly not confined to graduates, it is open to anyone who may be interested.

What is the goal of this team?

We are looking to put together a team that is capable of successfully launching new businesses and products.

How will you be able to do this?

We are offering this team the chance to work on a major project that will allow them to be able to demonstrate their full capability to manage and execute major projects.

Who will you be working for in the Long term?

In the long term you will be working for yourselves. The group will be setup in a way that will allow this team to continue to bring in future projects and develop their own client base once this project is complete.

What is the project?

The project will be to successfully develop and launch a marketing campaign for a start-up company entering into the Dublin market.

What is in it for me?

The opportunity to successfully start up and launch an organisation with a very talented group of individuals. We will provide you with the necessary tools and guidance to be able to create a successful organisation.

We know that there is an enormous amount talent out there, that unfortunately is not getting a chance to be utilised because of the current economic climate.We also know that there are very few companies out there that will actually give you the responsibility to take on work that you know you are well capable of handling without first being in the company for a good number of years.

We are concerned with talent and ability, not just grades and qualifications.
    To take on this project you have to have a true entrepreneurial spirit and understand the level of work that is required to build something that is successful that you can call your own.

The project is aimed to be launched in July of this year. If you feel that this is something you might be in anyway interested in and think you would be able to commit yourself to a project of this nature or even you think you know someone who is please send me a PM here on Boards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭YouBuyLocal

Are you looking for people to help set up other people's businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Hannibal6.0

Not exactly I am looking for people who are capable of marketing new businesses and products. The idea of the project is to successfully form an organisation with the selected individuals that will be able to then build up a client base and charge for their services.

So if I'm a graduate I help market a start-up and receive a certain amount of training, as well as teaming up with other graduates. I gain experience and sell myself as a "marketing consultant" to other start-ups?

And where will you find the businesses that need marketing support?

Sounds like the seed of a pyramid scheme ;):p

Not too sure if this a genuine question or just a trolling one but I will answer it anyway. There is no scheme in this, it just an honest attempt at trying to pool resources together for the benefit of everyone involved.

To your question of what businesses would be interested in this sort of service, one place would to start would be any company that hire marketing or PR companies, this can because ether a company cannot afford to have their own entire marketing department or it makes more sense financially to outsource the work.

If anyone is interested but for what ever reason was left with an impression of it being 'pyramid scheme' from what was said in the original post then let me know. I would be more than happy to meet to make everything clearer, I will answer any questions you might have and will do my best to make everything as transparent as possible.

It was indeed a serious question, many door-to-door marketing companies and affiliate marketing companies functioning by "training" people in while doing underpaid work, promising potential progression but inevitably using the individual until they realise the folly and quit, to be replaced by another batch.

This doesn't sound like that structure, but could easily be a similar model applied to a different market, smaller companies looking for marketing monkeys rather than direct sales.

It is only being responsible for me to raise this question. I am not presuming that your initiative is anything but benevolent and good intentioned. My instincts are that it is a genuine attempt to bring forward thinking ambitious but under experienced unemployed people together, and as such, I would be interested in hearing about it.

But I am still throwing it out that from a position of ignorance it could easily be an attempted affiliate marketing pyramid scheme, of which there are many :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It was indeed a serious question, many door-to-door marketing companies and affiliate marketing companies functioning by "training" people in while doing underpaid work, promising potential progression but inevitably using the individual until they realise the folly and quit, to be replaced by another batch.

This doesn't sound like that structure, but could easily be a similar model applied to a different market, smaller companies looking for marketing monkeys rather than direct sales.

It is only being responsible for me to raise this question. I am not presuming that your initiative is anything but benevolent and good intentioned. My instincts are that it is a genuine attempt to bring forward thinking ambitious but under experienced unemployed people together, and as such, I would be interested in hearing about it.

But I am still throwing it out that from a position of ignorance it could easily be an attempted affiliate marketing pyramid scheme, of which there are many :rolleyes:

I completely understand what point you were trying to raise. I have had some of my own friends fall victim to being taken advantage of because they were eager to find work again. I know some people have shown a keen interest in this have already contacted me via PM on this for more information. The setup will allow for full transparency at all times.
    If anyone has any direct questions or concerns post them up or PM me.

Advertisement